Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Rent-A-Mum"- Has Anyone Tried?

NYCMOM is offline Registered User

"Rent-A-Mum"- Has Anyone Tried?

We just moved to Hong Kong from the States and are looking for someone to babysit our 19mth old son in the evening so we can attend a dinner event. Has anyone tried "Rent-A-Mum"? They have evening sitters available, would be ideal for the once and awhile evening outing. Please let me know your experience with them.

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Yes, several times, all the girls we've had have been good.

Thank you KatBoo. A little nervous about leaving him with someone I don't know, I am sure you understand.

tstmum is offline Registered User

We've used rent-a-mum babysitters for our toddler on a number of occasions (1-3 times a month) for evening babysitting. All the girls are pleasant, native English-speakers and have childcare qualifications (including first aid, etc). I was also nervous the first time, but if you speak to Shirley (the manager) she'll put your mind at ease.

Smile

thank you tstmum, your comments are very helpful. Two positive reviews- I feel good about that and will try the agency for our upcoming event. I am 8 months pregnant, so maybe will try someone during the day if they seem good, I just can't keep up with my very active toddler in hilly Hong Kong!

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We're a third positive recommendation. We used the same nanny every time, which helped.

RAM
    RAM is offline Registered User

Thank you for your kind comments everyone. I have an email from the mum in question, but have not been able to contact her. Please leave a msg if you get the answerphone (which as most of you know - is often!)

Just wanted to follow up. I did use an evening sitter from Rent-A-Mum and found the whole experience to be flawless. I highly recommend them for anyone who has not yet hired a helper or just wants an evening out or day free. I only wish they charged less for daytime help, looking for a helper right now and have not enjoyed the experience and wonder if I will ever find one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast