Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESF primary & secondary schools

barbiegirl is offline Registered User

Question ESF primary & secondary schools

Hi,

I am now planning to put my child in ESF school in the future. There are several ESF primary and secondary schools. We would move to the location (within HK island) when I have decided on which primary school we are targeting for. Also, is it true that each ESF primary school is a feeder school for a particular ESF secondary school. If so, I have to put my child into the right ESF primary in order to get into the targeted secondary. Or is it also a zone policy applies in secondary enrolment. Please advise on which primary and secondary schools are more reputable among them and share your experience. Thx...

barbiegirl

sky123 is offline Registered User

It is zone based. You should check the ESF website or phone them to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by sky123 View Post
    It is zone based. You should check the ESF website or phone them to ask.
    Hi, sky123

I know it is zone based. I would like to hear ppl comments on the ESF schools(primary and secondary), we would move to the catchment area of the selected school b4 we apply for Y1.

Thx for your reply anyway.

I have some schools on my mind, pls comment on these schools and share your experience.... Thank you

For primary,
    Bradbury, Gleanly, Kennedy

For secondary,
    Island School, West Island School

carang is offline Registered User

i believe that one ESF is pretty much like another. So far as I know they all have very highly qualified teachers, excellent facilities, great extra-curricular programmes, and high standards.

personally, I think that the nicest campus is King George V school in Ho Man Tin, but that is a personal opinion.

Thx carang for your input. I've heard good comments on KGV before; however, it is in Kowloon side. We want to choose within HK island, any idea?

carang is offline Registered User

like i said, they are all about the same. there is no one school that is appreciably better than another one.

Freya is offline Registered User

They all seem to have a very good reputation, however, when choosing maybe you should look at exam results for each school. You may want to look at how old the buildings are and what facilities they offer your child. Each school offers different facilities, eg, do you want swimming lessons each week for your child at Primary, do you want the school located on a busy road, do you want a cookery lab? At secondary level you may want a new school building that has the newest equipment, some schools are due to be refurbished, some schools are larger than others. I would advise you to look at all the schools - I decided to look at the options of high schools and choose the junior school based on which high school I felt was best. Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast