Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

3 month old going to bed at 4 in the morning

Bee
    Bee is offline Registered User

3 month old going to bed at 4 in the morning

Hi, I'm looking for some advice. We can't get our 3 mo old to sleep at night. She needs to be carried in the baby sling for 30-40 min before falling asleep every time and keeps waking up at night. She will sleep from 4 am to 12 at noon waking up once to feed. For every other nap we need to carry her in the baby carrier. Anyone have this problem? Any advice?

tortoise is offline Registered User

Hi, I also have a 3 month old. U must be tired if the baby is only going to bed at 4am! I never had a routine for the first 6 weeks as my bub had problems with reflux so she was really difficult to settle. In the end I was so exhausted that I got a maternity nurse to stay with us for 48 hours and she gave our girl some tough love to get her into a routine! We have not looked back. It takes a couple of weeks but it's worth it. She still struggles getting herself to sleep during the day and we have to pat her to sleep and she cries! I'm trying to wean her off this and to try and settle herself! But at night we put her down at around 6.30pm she's normally exhausted, wake/feed her at 11ish and then she normally sleeps til around 6.30am. One piece of advice I was given was to start every day at 7.00am no matter what sort of night/amount of sleep she has had. Also to give her a bath at the same time so that she knows it's bath, bottle and bed! Honestly I really didn't think I could get my little one into routine at night but it was easier than I thought. During the day she's still not quite there!!! I would love to hear from other mums who can advice how to get our lady to put herself to sleep for her daytime sleeps. We have blacked out the room but she hates going in the cot during the day!

manya_feb is offline Registered User

hi, we also had the same problem when my baby born...she used to awake whole night and only used to sleep in the morning time. We reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly had the tough time ...that took approx. whole year. You have to change her timings and try not to let her sleep day time. My mother in law used to let her sleep day time holding her in her lap. I couldn't do anything. But later on after three months only i changed her timings each one hour slowly. In few days time it was fine but she used to awake in between a lot. I guess your baby born in day time....is it.