Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How do ESF / KCIS and Victoria compare

stanley is offline Registered User

How do ESF / KCIS and Victoria compare

We have to pick a kindergarten for our son. Could you please share your views on ESF, Kiangsu Checkiang International Section (KCIS) and Victoria. One of the most important things for us is that he grows up billangual in English and Mandarin.

muffkitt is offline Registered User

My sons went to both Vic and KCS. Both are greta. Vic is less traditional and has 50% Mandarin and 50% English. KCS is more traditional with 90% Mandarin and 10% English. The teachers in both schools are great but there are heaps of homework from Vic, even at K1 level. We contemplated ESF initially but as they only offered mainly English and we did not want to separately send the boys to Mandarin classes after school, we decided on Vic and KCS - one for each boy.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

KCIS, the international section is taught in English with a large amount of Mandarin everyday.

The KCIS teachers are usually native English speakers; and then the Mandarin teachers take the Mandarin classes.

As the main section of the school teaches only in Mandarin, there is still a big emphasis on Mandarin in the international section.

Some children go to main section in the morning and then international section in the afternoon. Others choose one or the other. Either way Mandarin plays a big part in the school.

From my experience of esf kindergartens, and this is from 2-3 years ago, there was very little emphasis on Mandarin. But it may have changed.

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User

I just realise KCIS have both primany & secondary school. If your child enter into KCIS's Kinder, would they have automatic rights progress onto primary & secondary school?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Yes I believe so. KCIS kindergarten, primary and secondary are all the same sch.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-03-2010, 01:48 PM