Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Any Singaporean/Malaysian Moms group?

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Hi Snowbird

I myself is a singaporean. My husband is local. Well I had my 1st kid in Thomson Medical Centre in Singapore too.

I am due for a c-section on the 12 Nov 2008 here in Matilda.

I have been to Queen Mary too due to medical complication. My private OB is Dr Edmond Hon he is formally from Queen Mary. His bedside manner is great and he is very patient and will explain everything to you in details, He speaks both English and Canatones.

Private Vs Public
    It depends whether which private hospital you are looking at and whether its normal delivery or c-section. In a private hospital it can range from HK$30,000 - HK$60,000 depending on the kind of room you choose excluding OB fee. If you are a private patient in a public hospital it range from HK$39,000 - HK$48,000. If you are a private patient in a public hospital you can see a specific OB. Dr Ben Chen from Queen Mary is really good too. He only see private patient in Queen Mary.

If you have a HKID you are entilited to public hospital care at about HK$100 per day during your delivery but you can choose a OB and during your pre-naetal check up you see a different doctor everytime.

So it really depends on what you are looking for. Please feel free to PM me if you need more info.

Hope it helps,

snowbird is offline Registered User

Hi jaz1311

thanks for all the info - really makes it easier knowing how it works. I'll PM you as I have other questions too

Another thing I forgot to mention (again) is that I am trying to go VBAC (vagina birth after c-section) this time round and not sure if any of the doctors mentioned are advocates of VBAC? Seems that some doctors prefers to perform c-sections if the first time was a c-section.

Thanks.

angeilin is offline Registered User

See you guys next Wed at Starbuck IFC!

snowbird is offline Registered User

Hi pekkie

thanks for your intro to dr patrick chan - I've just PM you - please check when you have a moment.
    Cheers

Ai li is offline Registered User

Hi ladies,

Sorry ladis, I will be late tomorrow. Should be able to reach Starbuck IFC by 2.25pm.

See ya.

TerriWong is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies,
    Sorry I won't be able to join for tea today. Hope I can make it to the next meeting. Thanks a lot!

angeilin is offline Registered User

Hi mums,

Sorry, we won't be able to make it today as my son is not well... will try to join the next gathering. Thanks and have fun

lbhkg is offline Registered User

Hi All

I'm new to this site. I'm a Singaporean mom whom married a local and just recently moved to Hongkong.

I'll like to hang out with Singaprean/Malaysian mom especially on play group with <2 yrs old. Please kindly rope me in if there is any activity.

Thanks!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast