Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A million questions...

sky123 is offline Registered User

Yes, I did manage to drag my husband to look around one hospital before we decided on where to have our baby. I think its quite normal and you want to be able to check where it is, how far it is, etc. before the actual birth.

kharel is offline Registered User

Hello everyone,

I just found out I am pregnant - I am only 5 weeks gone and this is my first baby so all very exciting!!

My husband and I live in Discovery Bay and have only been here for 6 months and I have no idea what to do - I do not really want to pay for private care unless I have to, how does public care work and do you just go along and register with someone?? Any advice would be really welcome...

And yes I will happily start a "my babay is due in October" club - I will need other mums to stop me going crazy I think!
    Katie

carang is offline Registered User

if you want to go public, then you get a note from a private dr saying you are indeed pregnant. then you call tsan yuk (if you live in db) and make an appt. this will be your registration appt. you will NOT see a dr. they will then book you in to see a dr. because tsan yuk and queen mary are associated with HKU they are teaching hospitals. you have your ante-natal checkups at TY and then deliver at QMH. you may see med students throughout your pregnancy. if you uncomfortable with this, then just tell them when you come for your appt that you want to see the supervising dr. the wait may take a little longer, but i found it worth it.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Anyone due in October - December, go to http://www.geobaby.com/forum/due-oct-dec-t123216.html and post!! Maybe we can meet up some time. I have NO idea about "what to do" and the hospitals and everything - so we can all go through this together!!

I made my first appointment with Dr Dawkins for Friday 14th of March. I'll be 7 weeks then. Before then, I need to look into hospitals and all that kind of thing!!

Clowe is offline Registered User

Nicolejoy - Did you know that Dr. Dawkins is leaving HK to return to Australia in July this year?? Not sure it's a great idea to see him if you plan on using him into your term, as he is definitely leaving HK in a few months... I'm surprised his office is still taking on new patients for him!

I'm sure he can and will refer you to another doctor after he leaves, however.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Yeah - someone told me!! Thanks though. I was a bit disappointed that when I called and made an appt and said I was only 5 weeks currently, that they didn't mention anything!! I changed doctors - now I'm scheduled with Dr Philip Ho (is that his name??). His staff seemed much better and I could get on a lot easier with much more choice of times etc... So I'm happy. I go to see him on Tuesday. By then I'll be 6 weeks so maybe we can see a heartbeat ;) And I've gotta think about hospitals... ugh... headache!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12