Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mymusikbox

SSL
    SSL is offline Registered User

Mymusikbox

Does anyone take their kids to classes at Mymusikbox, and in particular, their Musikharmony and Kids On Air classes?

How do they compare to similar classes at Gymboree or Kids' Gallery? We like Kids' Gallery a lot, but they don't seem to have classes that focus on music theory or musical instruments. My 3 1/2-year-old went to Gymboree when she was younger, but now she seems to have outgrown many of the classes. The classes that are age-appropriate have such a wide range (28 months to 5 years old) that we are not sure that they are right for everyone in the class.

Any experience that you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Cat Sim is offline Registered User

MyMusikbox

My little girl also attended Gymboree when she was 1 which was in 2004 and lasted till she attend Pre-Nursery and she almost attended all the classes there.

Then she attended My Musikbox in July 2006 and lasted for over a year until one of her favourite teacher had left. I enrolled her first on MusikpianoI but she did not quite like it as it was really a bit boring. She loved Musikharmony and Kids On Air classes which she took back to back on a same day. It's worth a try really depending on teacher itself and you'll see the reaction from your child if he/she likes it or not. Besides you're not allowed to join the class and you really don't know what they are doing inside besides peeping from the small glass from the door.

You may try Tom Lee with their Yamaha courses "Music Wonderland" which is great for your child for music theory and early learning of notes and signing and so on - the best part is that you could also join the class with your child every week - that could strengthen the parent/child relation! My little girl has been in this class for over a year now and still loving it! And you could go on and on till she's older and till she has a loving of a certain musical instrument. This is really a base for your child to start first.

SSL
    SSL is offline Registered User

Thanks, Cat Sim, for your advice. Did your child take any classes from Ms. Evelyn or Ms. Mary Ann at Mymusikbox? Is there a high turnover of teachers over there?

Do you know anything about Yip's music centre at Kornhill? How does that compare to Tom Lee Music Centre?

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Cat, how old was your daughter when she first started going to the Tom Lee course?

Cat Sim is offline Registered User

SSL : My daughter liked Teacher Mary Ann a lot in MusikHarmony and they had fun together. Her favourite is Teacher Christal which they knew since Gymboree. The other teacher at Kids on Air (forgot the name) left because some parents did not like her but I thought she was quite good and out spoken. I do not think they have a problem with their teachers as they are very cheerful to the kids.

I am not sure about Yip's but heard that they are okay too. I personally like Tom Lee much better as they do not have a large class and the kids do have a lot of fun together with their parents.

Somebodyfamous: My little girl started when she just turned 4 years old. You actually have to register for this course way in advance as it's pretty popular. I registerd when she was 2 years old but did not get into the 3 year old course and had to wait until she was 4 when they accepted her.

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Thank you so much Cat! I will find out about the coursees. They sound great and very reasonable.

Scroll to top