Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Immunisation and Health Checks

gtrivo is offline Registered User

Immunisation and Health Checks

hi, I've just moved back to HK two weeks ago with my little baby boy who will be 6 weeks tomorrow.
    where is the best place to get immunistions and go for checkups? we do have medical cover so is a private clinic better than the government ones?
    is the Hong kong schedule the same as the Australian one? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks x

adahc is offline Registered User

We live in Discovery Bay. I took my baby to Island health, Dr.Oliver. Great guy.

Konradsmom is offline Registered User

I prefer a private clinic as I was told that the "quality" of the vaccines they get are better. Don't know how much truth there is in this, but at least I get choose the type of vaccine at the private doctor's. Also, I hear that the baby only gets 2 shots , as they have "6 in 1" for private doctors, but at the govt, you get only the "5 in 1", which means bubs gets shot 3 times.

if I can spare him from the distress of one more shot - I'd pay for it.

karenchan is offline Registered User

The private clinic uses the "6in1", whereas the government uses the "4in1", so definitely private is better. My insu doesn't cover the baby checkup and immunisations, not sure yours.
    I think HK schedule is similar as the Australian one, my baby's doctor came back from Sydney, you can call and check it out the schedule, he is Dr Thomas Chan, 29730968, in Central.

Quote Originally Posted by gtrivo View Post
    hi, I've just moved back to HK two weeks ago with my little baby boy who will be 6 weeks tomorrow.
    where is the best place to get immunistions and go for checkups? we do have medical cover so is a private clinic better than the government ones?
    is the Hong kong schedule the same as the Australian one? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks x

carang is offline Registered User

private is "better" if you can afford it. otherwise, the gov't clinics are great and they're free!