Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Victoria Change of View

wonderful is offline Registered User

Victoria Change of View

To all mommies who have read my thread on Victoria,

A while back I have wrote bad comments on Victoria's playgroup after joining for a very short period of time. However, I would like to tell you all that it's actually not true and I would like to take back that threat if possible.

After being with them for a few months and I am also with a few other schools like Highgate, IMS, I have to say that Victoria is the BEST nursery out there. When my son is choosing between different nurseries, Victoria because the top of my list. Kids are just so happy at the school!!

It provides a very nurturing environment, the facilities is great compared to others, and the approach of teaching is very good. It give the kids confidence while letting them explore many differnet things. What I am most impressed with is their bilingual program. Although some other kindergartens provide the same qualities, they focus either on English or Mandarin only . However, Victoria provides a very nurturing bilingual program . That's very important in this century for our kids.

I am sorry if I have provide some negative comments on the school previously. Maybe because the teacher we had were not experienced and later she left anyways.

Hope it helps when you are trying to make your decision.

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User

wonderful,
    just interested to know which campus you joined & do you actually mean the playgroup or the nursery classes?

wonderful is offline Registered User

Hi, I am with the Harbour Heights and I think nursery is very good. The playgroup is good depending on which teacher you get.

Tong.kate is offline Registered User

Victoria (Habour Height)

Dear Wonderful,

My son (age 2 now) has been accepted for pre-nursery class for pm session Mandarin and Egnlish stream in coming Sep 2008. Can you further share with me, which areas you like in Victoria?
    Like Teacher ratio? Teacher stability? Language environment? I know they have reading program and Jolly Phonics? Are they good? Appreciate if you can share more?

Seems they start to allow parent to join the class, so that
    build up a close relationship between parent and school, also serve as additional means to monitor teaching quality? What do you think?

Thanks a lot.
    Kate