Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nursing Bras

dhirsh is offline Registered User

Nursing Bras

Any recommendations for a good and comfortable nursing bra and where I can get it? Also, I am 36 weeks pregnant, when should I start shopping for one and should I get the size I am now or a size bigger?

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

The most comfortable nursing bras that I found were ones like sports bras and no underwire. Anything that had underwire were painful and totally uncomfortable for me. I had a lot of milk so had to wear bras to sleep since I was always leaking. There was a particular one that I found at Bumps to Babes that I really liked. They have several styles there that don't have underwires But I also wouldn't recommend getting too many now - maybe just one or two just to test out the comfort. Once your milk comes, most likely your breast will get even bigger. But also about 2 months after that once your milk supply is established your bra size might go down again. It's hard to say how many sizes up you need to go. It's different for everyone. So you pretty much have to play it by ear and buy as you get to the different stages.

peainpod is offline Registered User

I really like the ones I got from B2B. They're called Bravado Designs and made in Canada. They are super comfortable, with convenient snaps and no underwiring. The only drawback is that it's an over-the-head design (no back fasteners) but once they're on, they're really comfy.

(I also recommend the nursing bra top from the same company - also at B2B - which doubles as a bra and tank top.)

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Hi- I got my maternity and nursing bras from, www.figleaves.com
    They are very comfortable and am wearing them again now during 2nd pregnancy.
    www.figleaves.com delivers to HK and postage is not that much.

rani is offline Administrator

I bought quite a few different brands, but my favorite were the Marks and Sparks Sports bras.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I second the Bravado Designs but they don't have many sizes at B2B. I ended up getting my mom to bring me some from Canada. H&M sells nursing tanks and they are inexpensive and quite comfortable.

dhirsh is offline Registered User

Thank you for all your help. I will check Bumps to Babes. Hopefully they have my size. I'm also glad you mentioned the underwire. I didn't know tabout that, but I'm sure I would have learned quite quickly.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

I got several from different places, but like Rani, I find myself using the nursing bras that I got from M&S more. They're more comfy. Last time I checked, only the Central branch carries maternity and nursing bras.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast