Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much should we pay?

sarahesther is offline Registered User

How much should we pay?

My hubby 9 month old son and I just moved here.
    We are planing to have a couple form the Philipines come work for us. We met them through our part time help and they seem great.
    Her as a maid and him as a driver. We want them to live out, and want to give them a food allowance.

So how much do we pay her and him for a salary and how much for a room and how much for food expenses?

Please give me some advice, all a bit overwhelming right now.
    Thank you.
    SE

cwbmum is offline Registered User

Living out DH 's are illegal, however, I know a few people who have them. You should pay them the min salary plus food, around $300 for food on top of the salary. Then their living and transport allowance, I know living around Clearwater Bay they pay around $1200 per room, they will be sharing a room so it isn't too bad.
    Good luck.

sarahesther is offline Registered User

Smile

Thanks, that helps already.
    Well she would be half the time staying with us and the other times with her hubby in the boarding house. Wouldn't want to do anyting illegal.
    SE.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

$300 a month for food is just the legal amnt you have to give, if you do not provide your helper with food.

But I don't think anyone could ever live off $300 food money a month....you would likely starve!

carang is offline Registered User

i agree... i think $300 for food is insane, especially now that prices are going up steadily! i would say $1500/month for food for the two (not each) would be reasonable.

keep in mind that $1200 is not necessarily for a room, rather for a bed-space where there can be up to 4 people in a room. for a private room for the hubby and wife, it could cost considerably more.

good luck!
    (PS) even 1/2 time living out is illegal. one or two nights per month would be permissible, i think, but immig may have a problem with 1/2 time if they ever found out about it.

cwbmum is offline Registered User

Sorry I meant to say that the min is $300 food but yeah it is very little - we pay $300 plus our helper uses our food, we always cook more and she enjoys our food too. If we are having something she doesn't like then she cooks something herself. I know that our helper has lunch out with all her mates and they pay $150 each for the whole month food, this is 6 days a week.
    I was also saying that most rooms available here in CWB are $1200.
    Hope this helps.

rani is offline Administrator

Don't male drivers live out?

carang is offline Registered User

i think it would depend on whether he was here on a FDH permit, in which case, he may not be eligible to work as a driver at all.... (only driving if it is incidental to domestic chores is ok, this means he can drive the children to school, but not you to work...silly, isn't it?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top