Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Can baby fly too often?

adahc is offline Registered User

Can baby fly too often?

We just took our son 3 months old to Thailand. And I will have to go to a wedding in Thailand at the end of this month. I plan to pump lots of milk for my husband while he's taking care of our son here in HK. I will go for 24 hours only.
    Just anoher thought, should I take him with me and stay at our house there for a little longer (3-4 days), so I can have a little holiday with him and my family rather than rush back. But I fear it is too often for baby to fly plus he might be out of his routine and find it stange in Thailand?
    He did not sleep well (day nap) on the first day but sleep okon the second and third day on our previous trip....What Should I do?????

adahc is offline Registered User

Now you make me feel that I asked silly question!!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

My son is 17 mnths and has flown at least ten times in his life so far! My husband works for an airline, so cheap flight tickets allow us to fly regularly.

I think it's good for babies to get use to flying and travelling, espec. if grandparents live overseas. I think it's also good for babies to be exposed to diff. cultures, foods, peoples, etc. and that it helps make them ( as it does people) more well rounded individuals!

I think it's espec. imp. if it is a country where your child is from or where you have family, to allow them to experience that culture etc. as much as possible.

I think it's good for babies to be flexible with their routines....them and you get to do so much more if they are able to adapt with their routine!

carang is offline Registered User

it's not like you're flying to canada for a day...

why not take him with you and take a little holiday if you are paying for the ticket anyway? it's only a couple of hours on a flight and as beky said, it's good for them to get used to it.

it will also take the pressure off of you with the pumping and worrying whether or not you have pumped enough milk.

have fun!

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

When my daughter was a baby I had a job where it was necessary to travel all around Asia as well as traveling to the UK and USA occasionally. By the time she was two years old she must have flown about 20 times.

Your baby will always be happiest being with you – no matter what you are doing. But be selfish for a moment and think about yourself.
    Do you want your trip to be rushed?
    Do you want to be worrying about pumping your milk, both before your trip and during it?
    And then because it was inconvenient to pump that much (at least eight times every 24 hours is recommended) worry about building up your milk supply when home?
    Do you want to have tears in your eyes when you realize that you actually miss your baby much more than you thought you would, even though it is only 24 hours?
    Do you want a week of a fussy baby as he gets over the fact you left him for 24 hours?

Go on, take him with you, and have fun

Smiles is offline Registered User

I'm encouraged by some of the replies on this thread. My husband and I enjoy travelling but my sister has been telling me that these days are over as soon as our first baby arrives.

I'm really please to see that we won't have to wait until kids leave home to travel again!!

Neha is offline Banned

U can fly with your baby as many times as u want but I still feel that changing their patterns is difficult for them to adjust if it is for short period. We went to India it took our son about 4-5 days to get his sleep right he would wake up at 3.30-4.00 in the morning as that was his time in HK 6.00-6.30 a.m) and would want to sleep early, so i would not make short trips with my baby if it was not urgent. Just my opinion

Scroll to top