Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

3.5 months teething

mrstee is offline Registered User

My daughter has been pulling on her ears, scratching behind her ears, and even inside and cutting herself with her nails (I cut and file them every other day already!) and has been showing teething symptoms since she was 3 months old. She's almost 6 months and I can almost see the tops/ridges of her bottom 2 teeth coming out, but still no cutting through the gums yet! I know it's hard to see the kids teething, but you need to try a bunch of different methods to see what works. We found these U-shaped teethers that she can bite on (looks like a pacifier, but instead of the nipple there's a U-shaped gummy thing she bites on) and she liked that for a while. But now, she likes the infant brush/massager that I can slip onto my finger and massage her gums. Sometimes she likes to chew on soft toys. She doesn't always like hard toys.
    It's best to just experiment and see what works because you really never know when the first teeth will cut. My friend's 10 month old son has been drooling and showing teething symptoms for 6 months and he still doesn't have teeth. But he loves his teething rusks!

wwong68 is offline Registered User

My girl who is 16 months now almost have her complete set of teeth. Her first teeth started to come out at 4 months. My nephew who was 1 month prematured and now he is 3 months. He started teething at 1.5 months.

fennho is offline Registered User

erm...HOW exactly do we find out if the crying episodes are part of teething signs? Cos jus now I peered into her mouth and took a good look at her gums...no swelling, no trace of teething at all. Shud I make a trip to the PD?

Mrstee
    u mentioned ur bb started her teething signs from 4mths onwards, so does she CONTINUE hvg all these or rather "suffer" from all these smptoms all the way until the tooth surfaced?

fennho is offline Registered User

oops sorry... Question above shud be directed to wwong instead of mrstee

Konradsmom is offline Registered User

me bubs started teething at 4 months on the dot. He went through all the swiping at his ears, drooling , swinging his head from side to side phases , but he was not cranky ALL the way till it erupts - sure he was fussy for some days (probably right before it erupts) but then it goes away again ...so it fluctuates. I think it may be tougher for them for the first set of teeth - cost now that bubs' upper set is coming through, he isn't as cranky as before ....I guess in some ways they will get "used to it" ( altho I know one never gets used to discomforts). at least they don't seem to react to it that badly .....don't know if it helps.

I know its tough seeing them in discomfort, but my mom always says its just part of growing up.....

adahc is offline Registered User

Mine had that symptom (hence the beginning of this discussing) and then gone! Fennho, if she is dribbling and biting everything, it's normally the sign of teething, I think. However my son stop the fussiness after about 5 days but still drooling so you might just wait it out. Unles you suspect ear infection from her rubbing her ears??? My son did not rub his ears though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12