Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

concerns about Bisphenol A (BPA) found in baby bottles

Bahar is offline Registered User

concerns about Bisphenol A (BPA) found in baby bottles

Does anyone know if there are any viable alternatives to the plastic baby bottles found in most shops in Hong Kong?

Has anyone tried using glass bottles and if so where are they available? I recently purchased an Avent steam electric steriliser which has a few bottles with it but after reading the article today about plastic bottles and the links with cancer i am considering the alternatives.

Would really appreciate any feedback from people who have tried other bottles and if glass bottles are safe to use. Also what steriliser would you use for glass bottles? Thanks!

elaine is offline Registered User

There are some old threads on this forum regarding this. You can switch to glass bottles or purchase BPA-free bottles.

geomum is offline Registered User

I bought Bfree (Glass) Bottles from Bumps2babes in Central last week. They also have the anti-colic system inside them.

CookieS is offline Registered User

well, glass bottles are a huge hassle. why not use Adiri bottles, it's rated excellent in the Z report on BPA free. Read related article: http://zrecs.blogspot.com/2008/02/z-...-products.html

You'll be surprised that actually many big brand names are only rated fair or even poor on their BPA content. I try to only buy products from those rated excellent.

You can buy adiri bottles in HK from www.milk-factory.com

Bubbly is offline Registered User

I also read the news about BPA, I knew it was bad but didn't realise that it can cause cancer too!

I have both the glass bottles (Bfree) and also the Adiri bottles.

I find that the glass bottles are a bit of a hassle as they are really heavy when I want to go out with it, and also when my baby knocks it off the table, I am always worried that it will crack or break! But yes, you can use the sterilisers with glass bottles as well.

For the adiri, it's much more convenient as it is light and only has 3 parts, the lid, the bottle and the cover, and has all the anti colic, etc. built in too.

I prefer using the Adiris as they are much lighter to carry around (as I tend to go out a lot). Hope that helps

Bahar is offline Registered User

Thanks for all your help! I did find out that bumps to babes have the born free bottles but as they are glass i was a bit hesitant about whether they would break and also how to sterilise and what to use to sterilise them. The born free website has a BPA free steriliser but they don't stock it in HK. Also the Adiri brand doesn't have a steriliser on their website. I recently purchased an Avent steam steriliser which comes with two bottles and would like to return it if i find another option.

Portia is offline Registered User

I know that you asked for alternatives to plastic bottles, but there are plastic bottles which are free of bisphenol A. Besides glass bottles, Bfree also have plastic bottles which are bisphenol A free. I bought mine from Bumps to Babes.

CookieS is offline Registered User

You don't need the same brand of sterilizer to sterilize the bottles. Most of the bottles fit into any standard size sterilizer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast