Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Baby wakes up - shud I feed her??

fennho is offline Registered User

I posted this at 5-ish this morning...i was wondering becos she was making this REALLY LOUD sucking sounds by sucking on her hands! Someone from this site told me if they're sucking their hands = hungry. Soon after aft i posted, she started crying liao. Haha. In the end, i picked her up and fed her, 10-15mins, she knocked out.

Sage
    Thanks for the compliment...i am wondering how i am going to continue nursing her to sleep as she gets older AND heavier!

Any experience mommies around who used to nurse their babies to sleep...when and how r they gonna learn sleeping on their own? Is it gradual?

Adahc
    I think your bb is going thru a growth spurt..sounds like it. I am wondering how i am gonna cope when mine does. I am just going thru this taking one day at a time. Yes, it's comforting to know we're not alone in this, particularly when you felt lost and baby is crying, or u are wondering if it's normal, yes? PM me, maybe we can meet up to compare notes :) Where ru from originally? I'm from Singapore.

Konradsmom
    At least your boy STILL takes the pacifier...my gal rejects everything plastic. It's heartwarming to know i'm "not replaceable" yet, at 3-4am, it's tiring!

adahc is offline Registered User

I think so although he seems to settle back to hisnormal self (I might said it too soon). I set the time for him to sleep during the day as it is important to have a goodnap during the day to get a good night sleep. If he is overtiring, he tends to be jumpy and wakes up a lot during the night. At your baby's age mine too) they should sleep 14 hours a day.
    I used to feed her to bed , now I'm rocking (equally bad). I use a lot of white noise from air con noise, pumping machine (just switch it on) while rocking him (if I'm lucky I can even put him down and pat him while the pumping machine is pumping). It's a gradual thing but requires work from your part to make it happen though. They won't just do it themselves.
    My baby hates pacifier too. Oh by the way for the last feed I use 'MAM' bottle of 5oz milk, that send him to sleep pretty quite.
    The word on the street is if the baby is full they tend to go to sleep easier and he sleeps longer since I did that. I use my breast milk though, never use formula. The reason I use MAM is because it is the closest to human's nipples. Give it a go. My son hates pacifiers too by the way, still does.
    Yes we should all meet up actually.

I live in Discovery Bay.Have you been to any group at all? I find that it gives me confident and time pass quickly too. Somehow my son seems more relax after going to the class and see other babies.

adahc
    i bought the Adiri bottle and MAM bottle (both claims to be very breast-like feeding). I tried the Adiri, she rejected it as well. But i havent try the MAM yet though. My baby has got reflux so any amount of crying makes it worse...so i'm very mindful of minimising her cries...maybe some people will say i'm spoiling her, but oh well, it pains me to see her cry...and i'm so tired of trying. I do think of how i'm going to wean her in the future to bottles...is it gonna be more difficult? :(

Talking about sleep...i know babies of their age needs apprx 14-15hours a day....any idea, when is it going to change (as in lesser)?? Is there a guide somewhere i can refer to?

Oh btw, i havent got the chance to meet up with new mommies yet. But Discovery bay is far! I live in Kowloon West, jus right above Elements.

adahc is offline Registered User

Fennho,
    My baby also got reflux. Jesus they are similar arn't they?
    Try MAM bottle. I find that we have to be strong sometime which does help. They have strong will,,,babies this age.
    I think they sleep 14-15 hours now and then gradually gone down from 6 months or so. All I know from reading somewhere (not sure it is the best source) on the net is that at 9 months they will have an ability to force themselves to stay awak if they want to.which I dread.
    So I think you might want to start some gentle routine now.
    I'm not really for the control crying and all though. But a gentle routine of putting him to bed when he is 'almost' gone to sleep is an art in itself and it helps. Must try.
    I also put him in the cot and let him play with his toys (or me) just an hour before bed time, dim all the light and speak in acalm voice help a bit too. Might not help on the first day or two but it helps him gettting used to the idea of bedtime and feel safe in his cot.
    That's what I am doing right now.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

If when you baby wakes up she will go back to sleep by herself then I’d let her to that.

If, however, by leaving her she will wake herself up completely then I’d quickly feed her back to sleep. Generally if a baby wakes up but is still very sleep they only need a few minutes of feeding to get them to sleep again. This means that everyone’s sleep is disturbed only slightly. If the baby gets to the crying stage it tends to mean a much long feed to settle the baby down again.

This is one of the beauties of breastfeeding – that it gets the baby to sleep – use it to your advantage.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

My son was fed to sleep (breastfeeding) until he was 10 months old. It basically meant he didn't go to sleep by himself, or sleep through the night until he was ten months old.
    Was pretty tough at times but what he needed, which is why we did it.
    I tried everything to get him to sleep by himself before then but nothing worked....and then he did it by himself when he weaned himself!!

AG2007 is offline Registered User

My little girl also needs to be nursed to sleep and she's now 11 months old. However for the past 3 weeks or so she's been sleeping thru the night (with the exception of a couple of nights). Also I noticed recently when I put her down at night after nursing her she doesn't fall asleep immediately and I can hear her make some noise thru the baby monitor. She eventually falls asleep in 10-15 mins.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast