Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

baby crying inconsolably - no idea why & how to stop

Lucylou is offline Registered User

They call this phase in the evening the 'witching hour' which is when a baby will scream for no apparent reason and you can do nothing to console them - my 8 month old used to do the same but stopped this at around 6 months. I wouldn't worry about it - if she really is inconsolable perhaps a little dose of calpol will calm her down.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

Does your baby like baths?
    When my baby cried a lot in the evenings and wouldn’t nurse my husband would give her bath. This would usually clam her down and when she came out she’d feed and sleep – at least for a little while.

carang is offline Registered User

when my girl screams i sing to her. i did the same to my son. i sing very quietly into their ear and hold the baby close to me while i bounce. it usually works, but sometimes it takes a while before you find the song that soothes them.

for my son, it was "you are my sunshine".
    my daughter loves "i love you, you love me".

elizaveta is offline Registered User

Good luck... Unfortunately with babies it is very difficult to see what is wrong. My daughter had absolutely terrifying colic for 3 months, day and night. Several times we ended up in a hospital as I could not believe that 5 hours non-stop massive screaming was healthy. Doctors never found anything. The next 3 months she cried only at night, but every single hour. Waking up SCREAMING 8 to 10 times a night. Again - nobody had any solution. Round 6 months it got better by itself.

The only thing that I think could have contributed to that was homeopathy. So you could try to consult with homeopath, for example in IMI, to see whether something could be done for her. Hugs,

geomum is offline Registered User

Last week during a visit to my daughter's Paedratician I mentioned about her crying sessions in the evening and he said that it is quite possible she develops gas. I also told him I was giving her Infacol once in the evening to which he said I had to give it 3- 4 times before each feed for several days for it to start having any effect. I did as he said and since past 3 days she is not crying in the evening and is a very happy a baby :)
    I have changed her bath time to 6 pm which has also helped since she almost always feel sleepy after a nice warm bath. I swaddle her after the bath, hold her close to me real tight, swing her about and she looks so content :))

Konradsmom is offline Registered User

Fenho,

I agree with elizaveta that perhaps you can try homeopathy at IMI - we use Bach's rescue remedy for bub when he has had a series of wakeful nights and it seemed to help - a few drops in the bath water. IF not, then perhaps seeing Dr Sonal might help. I have not been there with bub but heard good things about it, so might be an alternative if PD can't help.

merichan is offline Registered User

Hi

Being the mum of a reflux little girl... my first thought reading you was: are you sure her reflux is really under control?

For me, remembering how it was with my daughter, those sudden and loud crying ring the bell reflux...

Hope it will ease soon

merichan

fennho is offline Registered User

hi merichan
    erm...i was told usually for reflux babies, the very first thing my PD ask me is if i carry her upright, does the crying appear to stop or at least lessen? Anyway, for the past few days, her crying has appear to be lesser in the evening..but now, another set of problems, she refuses to nap in the afternoon! Oh well, dats another story yah! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12