Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been let down now need to start again

jzb
    jzb is offline Registered User

Been let down now need to start again

We had a helper who was supposed to start with us this week after we'd waited for her to finish her contract for the last 6 weeks. Today she told us that she's decided to stay with her present family.

Other than being furious I now desperately need to get on with finding a new helper to start ASAP.

We are an aussie/English family with two boys - aged 3 and aged 1. Only been in HK for 2 months. We need somebody who is mature, reliable, good with cooking and looking after kids, able to swim, travel and who has had at least a few years experience in HK.

If you have any leads then please let us know.

Thanks

rani is offline Administrator

Jzb, sent you a PM about a helper

a_Butterfly is offline Registered User

Hi Rani,
    We're looking for a helper too. Can you please PM me about the helper info too? We're looking for someone who is very good with kids, can do some cooking, can keep the house some what clean and has good references.
    thanks.

Last edited by a_Butterfly; 05-13-2008 at 10:26 PM.

rani is offline Administrator

Butterfly,

I think she's already been hired. Will let you know if I hear of any others.

Viviangugu is offline Registered User

Rani,

Could you kindly let me know too when the next available maid turn up? We are a lovely family with a 20 month old boy, relocated to HK from the UK just over a year and a half ago. Both me and my hubby work full time and my son has been looked after by mom. She's got some health problems recently and can no longer take care of him, hence I need someone who can start asap. Need good references. Thanks alot!

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

Hi,

I've recently found a great helper thru the asiaxpat domestic helpers ads. You have pay $200 per month in order to get the numbers of the helpers but it was well worth it. We interviewed about 5 and finally signed one up. You have to be quick tho, especially for those who have babysitting experience. From our experience, we interviewed one and wanted to call her back that week but she had said yes to another family who had also interviewed her. GOOD LUCK!

jzb
    jzb is offline Registered User

We've now found a helper too (I hope) who is due to move in tomorrow. I eventually found her from amahnet.com (worth looking at because it's totally free) but again I completely agree with fingerscrossed that you have to be quick quick quick and if you like someone try and get the contract signed that day or else they will be gone. It took me about 30-40 phone calls and about 6 interviews before I offered one a job.

lhyn is offline Registered User

Hi
    I'm a filipino helper in Hongkong kindly looking for an employer.I'm available to start early of July 2008.If you would like me to have an interview with you,pls.kindly email me at my email [email protected]
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast