Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Delivery question?

jools is offline Registered User

I had Hulda, from Annerley Midwives, for my two deliveries at Matilda, as my doula. She was fantastic and on both occasions came up with just the right advice at the right time.

xcultural mummy is offline Registered User

Mm,

Yes, that's what they have the fishnet for next to the birthing pool - to fish foreign objects out every now and then until labour is over...

Check out my blog:www.londonmummymusings.blogspot.com
    for information and my thoughts on real nappies, baby carriers, breastfeeding, baby-led weaning and much more!

NAC
    NAC is offline Registered User

They always told me that if you poo during the delivery you're pushing correct. Don't bother about that because the doctor and nurse see it many times a day. If you think about that the delivery wil take much longer because it's disturbing your mind. Relax, take a deep breath and enjoy asap your newborn Good luck!

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

My solution...

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bmom View Post
    Dear all,

This question just popped into my head out of no where today:

During labour, when you're pushing and pushing and pushing, is it possible to involuntarily poo or pee on the delivery table?

Well, this is my first pregnancy and so totally clueless. Hope moms who have done it before can clue me in!

Thanks!
    I was very worried about that. I actually said to my doctor that I wouldnt push if I had the risk to, to quote myself "poo on her head in front of my husband" so she ordered the hospital (and I reminded them when I arrived there to deliver) to make me an anema.
    It worked perfectly and I got one for my second baby also. So far, nothing humiliating hapened in front of husband :-)
    Good luck, even if "something" hapen, your baby will be perfect
    Alex
    :yeah2 :yeah2

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I did the first time (pushed for 2 1/2 hours so hard to avoid). With the twins I was induced at 38w2d, and I only pushed 4 times for A and once for B (breech extraction) so I kept everything fairly clean in that respect!

soon2bmom is offline Registered User

I feel so much better now, I might look into the "enema" option when the time comes. Thank you all, ladies.

You know how Matilda will let you bring in two people with you into the delivery room? Well, initially I was thinking of letting my husband's aunt be that second person since she's never married or had kids so I thought it might be an interesting experience for her, now that I know the high probability of me pooing in front of everyone in the room, I think I will just scrap that plan.

jools is offline Registered User

Believe me the wonderful experience of watching a little life being brought into this world will far out weigh any worries about poop for your husband's aunt. I've had three children and never pooped with any of them. It was recommended that before it all got too involved I used the bathroom, it worked for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12