Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help my fiance

nataliekaye is offline Registered User

Help my fiance

I am in hong kong with my fiance livin with my parents. I am 5 months pregnant and my fiance is here with me on a visitor visa. Is there any way he can do any work and recieve cash in hand just so he can save money for the baby whilst he is not working. He as a degree in accountancy but we will move to u.k in 2-3 months and he does not want a contract just some paid work to save for our baby instead of sitting at home not making money. Please help him he really trying so hard to make everything perfect. Thank you

misizlee is offline Registered User

Hi I sent you a private message

simon1972 is offline Registered User

I am sure there are probbaly opportunites out there for him to earn cash-in-hnad but unfortunately it would be illegal for both him and the employer. I don't believe any reputable company would consider this type of arrangement.

shri is offline Administrator

If a company does employ him ... and they don't pay, there is not much he can do to complain.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Most companies would ask for his HKID card, and/or proof of his work visa.

Immigration has really cracked down hard on people working with visitors visas, and so I think a lot of employers are reluctant to take the risk.

It would be illegal for him to do so. And illegal for anyone to employ.

That isn't to say he won't find work...just that there are risks, and consequences.

AforApple is offline Banned

instead of actually working and earning money there are many ways in which he can spend his valuable time.

I presume he has no job lined up in UK because any sane person would take advantage of a 2 months break. Maybe he could start working on his resume so that when you arrive in UK he can send them off immediately. Get his tax affairs up to date. Read up on newborns. Make him up to date on accounting issues. Or just simply enjoy a break and get working really hard when you arrive in UK.

HK Immigration is very strict and it would be devastating to you if he got caught and deported. Best to spend your time together. You mentioned he was your fiance...Have you planned a wedding yet? Maybe he could start on that.