Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

desperate for company with 19month son - kennedy town

parch is offline Registered User

Smile desperate for company with 19month son - kennedy town

Hi all

I moved to Kennedy Town from London a couple of weeks ago and am now getting to the point where i am desperate to meet some other mothers. My little boy is pretty bored of our park and pool routine and probably bored of me too! Think he misses his two days at nursery and needs some company of other little people.

I am happy to travel about a bit. Does anyone meet near me with similar aged toddlers or does anyone know of any good playgroups activity places nearby? My son is technically a toddler but he can't seem to be bothered to walk yet!

Anyway let me know if anyone up for meeting.

Jess

persilnonbio is offline Registered User

hi Jess!
    welcome to Hong Kong.It's easy to feel disorientated I Know! I don't Know about Kennedy Town but there are alot of good playgroups/classes for toddlers and babies dotted around Central area.They should be easy to get to by MTR or the Tram if you are willing to brave it (make sure off peak as can get very crowded!! Actually it's crowded MOST of the time!) There are also some in PokFuLam which is very near you.
    Most of them are listed in the Geobaby directory.
    It is worth looking at previous meet greet and play threads on this site and see if you can join any mothers group near you!
    Good Luck Rainxxx

mel_g20 is offline Registered User

Wisekids

Hello, we have created a playgroup which usually meets southside, which is probably too far for you long term. However if you need some company while you settle in to HK we are meeting in Cyberport, Wise kids next Thursday afternoon. This is more in your direction. You may also want to visit Wisekids in Cyberport on your own, I am told it is a great play zone, 100hk though, and has 1.5 hour sessions that you should check out before you go.

Cool

Thanks guys

Would love to join your group next thursday. Hoorah have date in diary!! What time are you meeting?

Enjoy the rain everyone!

Jess

snagito is offline Registered User

Hi Jess

Your little one would be just the right age for the Playgroup or Wrigglers group at Woodlands Scenic Villas -- you have to accompany them, but you would hopefully meet some other mums and it's a really nice thing to be doing twice or three times a week. Helped us out hugely when we first moved here with our 19 month old exactly this time last year!

It's on Victoria Road which is just a short bus ride (the M47) up from Kennedy Town.

http://www.woodlandschools.com/include/ScenicVillas.htm

They get pretty full but sometimes have spaces over the summer months as people go on hols. If I were you I'd contact them immediately and book a place - after you've got one thing sorted then the rest of the week sort of falls into place I found! Hope that helps!

miaka is offline Registered User

we are in chai wan. my daughter is 20 mos. you're more than welcome to come to my place for a visit. we have toys, books, movies, fish and turtles. i'm stuck at home all the time cuz i have a 3 mos old too. so i'll welcome any company. chai wan also has a nice park w/ playgrounds and a turtle and fish pond.

mel_g20 is offline Registered User

Hi, have PM'd you about Thursday afternoon playgroup.

Hi Miaka

Thanks for invite will pm you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast