Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Brands & things

kmalia is offline Registered User

I was figuring that with breastfeeding I would be getting up so often that I would want baby in the room anyway.

I considered a crib in a separate room in addition to one of those co-sleeper cots, but they just don't seem safe - so I think I will opt for a crib in our room for the first few months and then move the crib to baby's room between 3-6 mos.

Any thoughts on good brands of cots? Did anyone find the drop side necessary/useful? What about these 3-in-one things that turn into a toddler bed?

7807 is offline Registered User

I think that the conversion to a toddler bed is pretty unneccessary. When toddlers move to a bed, I think it would be much more exciting for them to be moving into a real bed. You could make a really big deal about the big move into a big kids bed. Chances are there might be another little one on the way who will need the cot anyway.

Hey guys - what about baby monitors?? I heard from someone that some brands don't work so well in Hong Kong because of thick concrete walls and interference - anyone have good experience with a certain type/brand?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I've also heard that some brands will pick up stuff from OTHER people's monitors because everyone is soooo close together over here... I'm not planning on getting one because our place is so small - only 780 square feet - it's almost impossible to not hear something in the other rooms...

did some research and found that if you get a digital monitor it helps with the interference. Also, most monitors (and wireless hubs and cordless phones) run on the 2.5MHz range, so if you get one that uses 900 MHz or the new 1.9GHz frequency you can also reduce interference.

I found two brands - Philips DECT Digital and the Angelcare with Movement Sensor - now to find where they sell them in HKG!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

I've seen the Angel Care brand in B2B. Not sure if it is the model you're looking for.

Thanks PurpleFlower! I actually went to B2B the other day and found the exact one I wanted!

Someone also taught me about http://www.doublehappiness.com.hk/ - which allows you to register for gifts at B2B, Mothercare and other shops. That way friends and family overseas can just log on there and have the items sent direct to us! Very convenient!

rani is offline Administrator

You can also register for gifts on ShopinHK.Com

http://www.shopinhk.com/giftregs.php

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast