Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where to buy birth ball?

dueJuly is offline Registered User

Thanks for the info, Whale.

If 150 Kg's isn't enough, how much do you recommend? That is more than double my heavily pregnant weight!

I just happened across a health food store on Lyndhurst selling the balls for $368. Will have to check the weight load limits.

salevizos is offline Registered User

Sarah,

I am going to head over to Prince's building tomorrow to pick one up for myself from the sports goods store. The twins are now both head down, so Ive signed up Annerley for the doula service and am reading up about natural child birth. Adventist does not have birth balls!

Anyhow, long story short...if you want me to pick one up for you, let me know. Ive PM'd you with my mobile, so you can send me a quick text or give me a shout.

Sarah

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

i am so happy for you sarah - this is wonderful news! go for it gal. see u soon. take care and once again brilliant news - JUST BRILLIANT. XX

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Whale View Post
    Check where the ball is manufactured and the maximum weight it can take (most locally made balls can only take 150kg, which is not enough because you exert more pressure on the ball when using it, than your stationery weight).
    That makes no sense. You are saying the weight limit of the ball only applies if you don't use it?
    I always figured that the they manufacturer's took the extra force into account when setting their weight limits.

Of course, that is an American perspective. Back home, if your ball says up to 150 KG and it bursts on someone who weighs 125KG that would be a legal issue and I can't see the company running that risk. Back home there is a good chance that if the ball says "up to 150KG" it is probably good for up to 200 KG, just to cover the company's liability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12