Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

checklist - will deliver witin 4 weeks - am I ready

salevizos is offline Registered User

Trace,

I skipped the mosquito net and just went rain cover. Only time will tell if this was a wise choice. My thought was this: its not like Id be taking them out into the wilderness - we're talking cement city and air-conditioned malls in HK.

Do any mums out there feel like the pram mosquito net is a must have?

Sarah

carang is offline Registered User

would depend on where you live....

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

We have a mosquito net that came with our bugaboo and I have never used it! It is still in its original packaging.

When our son was tiny I put the citronella anti mosquito patches on his pram, and then when he was older on his back (where he couldn't touch them), and now he's 21 mnths he wears them on his clothes.

Grobags are the best!! I slept better knowing my son wasn't able to get a blanket wrapped round or over him!

We had the gro egg thermometer and found it great ( we got in B2B), yes it glows at night, but I don't think anywhere enough to disturb baby.

How about a vibrating/rocking chair?? We found it very useful.

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

hi ladies,

thank all of you very much. this has been one of the most useful threads to me and i feel so much better for it.

i will definitely buy more mittens, making my own b&w, buy the right bibs, the rain cover, forget the mosquitto net, think about the gro egg (still have gina in my head) - perhaps get mum to bring a couple of room theremotres from aus, foamoing hand sterilizer, saline, zink, summer hat, bf pillow ..... thanks also for the combi chair option - i did look at this ages ago so thanks for reminding me.

one qu - at what age do u start using a rocking chair? can this be a purchase for 3-6 months?

you have all been fabulous - THANKS AGAIN.

trace

personally, when we had our first, it was impossible to have a dark quiet room. we board dogs in our home, so quiet was out of hte question, any time someone knocked at the door.

our first can now sleep through anything and everything.

we moved to a much larger place when we had our second. her bedroom is far removed from where the dogs are and for the first year here, she woke for every single little noise/light. it was terrible.

the best thing we ever did was move the kids into our room for the summer. now, the younger one can sleep through anything...us watching movies, reading, talking, having a shower, on the computer.

PLEASE don't shut down the house when your little one comes along and wants to sleep. they will become used to this and then you are in trouble when the least little thing changes.

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

many thanks for this carang. very sound advise. please remind me again when i am a month in.

i should be fine as my mother and father are coming to stay for am month and my mother and i dont get on... so I dont think the house will be quiet... two ol' birds nattering on .....

it will be actually quite busy when i think of the maid as well!

i will take your advice very seriously though as i dont want to have a precious bub. i will need her to roll with the punches just like mummie...

i actually thought about the comments re net and sticking citronella on the pram. i have just booked our first trip to thailand two months after she will be born...... getting her used to sounds and smells and nature will be just the ticket.

thanks again for your advice. keep it coming.

take care, trace

books are great for ideas, but the babies haven't read the books and every child is different.

i think that one of the biggest mistakes a new mum can make is getting something in her head (i'm not saying you are doing this) and then not being flexible about it. you have to do what's right for you and the baby. what's right for me, may not be right for you.

i have found that when the adults actually stop to listen to the baby, the adults learn from it. if you follow the baby's cues, you can't go wrong.... it's not until they start to have a mind of their own that you need to assert your authority.

again, just my opinion...

you'll do great!

Hughsiford is offline Registered User

Definitely bottles. I didn't buy them and ended up not being able to nurse and it just added a lot of stress that could have been prevented. Also, dummies, baby wash, flannels, and towels. Good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast