Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Curtains

NYCMel is offline Registered User

Curtains

Hi, I just moved to HK and need to get curtains made for 5 rooms. I've been to New Bedford Interiors - quite expensive and the problem with Ikea is that it's self-installation. My husband is just not that handy! Any other recommendations on Queens Road East? I went to Flourish and they seem ok, but a little chaotic...

Please help!

mazamarie is offline Registered User

These guys aren't in Queen's Rd East but pretty sure they come to your place to measure and bring samples.

http://www.curtainshop.com.hk/

Haven't used them myself sorry so can't comment on quality.

Thanks! Do you know of people who have used them before?

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I used a place called Simple. They are located in Happy Valley. Phone number is 25732966. Sorry I don't have their exact address. The owner's name is Amanda. I found their prices to be okay. A lot of it depends on what kind of fabric you choose. Basically you go in, pick the fabric you want and then someone will come to your place to take measurements and then they will provide you with a quote. Don't know if you have the time but it wouldn't hurt to get quotes from 2-3 places to compare. Oh, the store is only opened in the afternoon after 2? something like that ...

Sleuth is offline Registered User

If you have a China visa, Shenzen will save you a lot of money. Might not be worth is if you have to pay a lot of money for the visa.

spockey is offline Registered User

Hi.

Just returned from Fa Yuen Street in Mongkok where the open market stalls are. There are heaps of curtain shops there. Was accompanying my best friend who has moved to Hong Kong as the new apartment doesn't come with curtains (Is this normal?) She ended up with three quotes from Jade Deco ranging from $3400 - $4500 (dependent on fabric) for three rooms - Master, Living and Second Bedroom, with blackouts.

I don't know if they were cheap but the quotes were more or less the same as we went from shop to shop.

Cheers!

Thanks for all of your posts!

I just went back to Flourish and received a quote of $14,000 HKD for my entire apt - Master, Living, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. They will measure, deliver and install. Yes, it's normal that flats do not have curtains. Does this sounds reasonable? Seems still a bit expensive....

rani is offline Administrator

NYCMel,

Mongkok is supposed to be 50-70% cheaper than Wanchai. Have a read through this thread

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread1...tml#post851318

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast