Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to buy a Baby Hammock in HK?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Where to buy a Baby Hammock in HK?

I'm looking for a baby hammock (Amber's, Nature's Nest). Does anyone know where I could buy one? And for how much?
    I'm located in Shenzhen, but I am SURE I'll never find one here.
    Thanks a lot!

LeahH is offline Registered User

I got my Amby on the internet direct from the supplier in Australia - all delivered to HK relatively easily.

I did recently see another brand of hammock in a shop called Modern Baby in Wellington Street though. It looked great, but I didn't check the materials. I like the fact the Amby is wholly made from organic, untreated cotton.

It was excellent for travelling also as it folded up into it's own bag and bub was always in her own bed regardless of where we were. She was in it until 7 months and then we transitioned into a cot.

If you buy one, the only bit that didn't go down well was the 'jump jump' attachment - she didn't like it at all. Wish I'd just got an excersaucer that bounces.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

I've been looking for the same thing and came across this New Zealand company: http://www.naturessway.co.nz/

I enquired about shipping to HK and they charge NZD$140

They also do organic hammocks and sheets.

squirrel is offline Registered User

I've seen it on www.baybsupplies.net too. They ship to china as well.

Thanks all.
    I have several options it seems:
    a) I found one fancy-schmancy euro version of it at Modern Baby in Central. about $3500HKD.
    b) the new zealand company who didn't email me back with my enquiry
    c) the singapore BabB store that charges nearly the same amount to deliver to China! Wow! a total of $4300HKD !!

Now I have to weigh the options: is the exhorbitant cost worth the benefits of it...?

Did you try the Australian Amby site?
    http://www.babyhammocks.com/int-ess/shop.php3

That's who shipped to me. I absolutely think mine was worth the cost, lots of medical sites recommend them (they are used in many premmie wards in Aust/NZ) and there are no recorded SIDs cases. The whole travel thing becomes easy as you pack it with you - I really wouldn't have been without it and will be getting my money's worth by using with the second.

Yeah, I contacted them, or a like Amby distributor's website in Aus, and they emailed me right away telling me that they have a distributor in Shanghai, which is GREAT news for me, since I live in Shenzhen. I'm still waiting for their quotation though.
    I'm also wondering how many months the baby will stay in there. It says up to 10kg, but I think the baby'd get cramped in there after 6 months, no?
    Any thoughts or experience in that anyone?

That's great they can ship from Shanghai - they're made in China so less carbon footprint!

I think it's less weight that governs when they transition out (the hammock just get's lower to the floor the heavier they get) and more how mobile they are. Mine went to a cot at 7 months as she getting very good at pulling herself to sitting up. Others I know have lasted longer.

She seemed to like being fully coccooned in there when she was larger. When she went to a cot she had to sleep with her head stuck tight up in one corner to recreate the sensation of the hammock! Also slept totally still (to the point there was a dent in the mattress in the morning under her head) for a few weeks until she realised she could roll around in the cot comfortably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast