Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

My son hates pram!!!

adahc is offline Registered User

Unhappy My son hates pram!!!

My 7 months old son hates his pram. The maximum I can put him in is 15 minutes then he will screams non stop until we are home. I don't know what to do as he's getting bigger now and it begins to be almost too heavy for the Baby Bjorn. Any advice at all, mummies?

plumtree is offline Registered User

Can't really help with the crying problem, but if you are going to use a baby carrier, maybe think about the Ergo carrier? My 7 month old really likes it and is happy in it. He's about 10kgs but the Ergo distributes the weight on your hips so I don't feel that carrying him is a strain. It's quite different from the Baby Bjorn, but once I got used to it (after one use) I really liked it.

Details: www.ergobaby.com, available from www.doubibou.com (which ships to Hong Kong).

adahc is offline Registered User

Thank you. I might have to get it eventually but still don't really want to give up on the pram idea yet. Having said that, I feel that he needs to try to grow up a bit. I don't want to be carting him around like this until he's 3. There will need to be a cut off point for this carrying business, no? I will hate to look like I'm not allow my baby to grow per se.:Butbut

peainpod is offline Registered User

My son hated the stroller when we first put him in it. So most of the time, my husband had to carry him and I followed with the empty stroller (feeling very silly). However, we continued to put him in it for short spurts every time we went out (for as long as he would tolerate it) and he gradually got used to it. Also, he was much happier in it once we were able to put the stroller up into a sitting position (when his neck muscles were stronger). So now, as long as he is more or less upright and in motion, he is happy to be in it.

Sage is offline Registered User

Try taking him for short walks every day, maybe even twice a day. He just needs to get use to the pram. If he loves going out, then, he'd know that once you put him in the pram, he'd get to go out.

As a last resort, you may want to take him along to choose another pram. Maybe the current one is uncomfortable for him. There are some bubs who are REALLY picky with car seats and strollers.