Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Homecook or jar baby food?

MeowMeow is offline Registered User

This is the best website you can get all the information

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

:)

mummymoo is offline Registered User

Hi adahc,

I think it is preferable to give fresh food even if frozen, and if you have to use jar/pre packaged food you should have a taste of them before you give them to your baby, because even some of the organic brands which apparently have no added sugar ect are very, very sweet, which is probably not a positive thing to get your baby used to. Good luck!

adahc is offline Registered User

Thanks all. I will try to cook tomorrow!! If you have anymore tips please let me knpw. Can I introduce chicken at 7 months of age?

Dear adahc,

I have given my baby very finely chopped chicken at 7 months and she has been fine with it, in fact loves it. Good Luck!

Is it ok to use Knor for soup base food?

Dear Adahc,

Isn't that pretty salty? If so I would stay away from it. Babies have pretty fragile physiology.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

At that age you really don't have to add any additional ingredients to the vegetable puree. You can steam carrots, puree them and serve. Same with meats but i found my son liked meats best when mixed with fruits. so i would mix 1 cube of mango puree with 2 cubes of chicken puree and he loved that. Another good fruit to mix is apple. If you are adventurous, you could also make your own chicken soup stock and freeze. Chicken wings are the most economical way to make chicken soup stock, just water and carrots, sweet potato and boil for 3-4hrs, it's actually pretty easy!!

just a tip, the simpler your cooking, the easier it will be for you when your baby becomes a toddler. My 18mth old son still loves plain steamed carrots, broccoli, avocado, and Japanese pumpkin. No need to add any salt, sugar or special flavourings.

good luck!! just know that if your baby doesn't like something the first time, it's NOT YOUR COOKING!! lol it sometimes takes a few tries for baby to take to new foods. Someone already mentioned that wholesomebabyfoods website. It's a pretty good chart to follow in terms of what foods to introduce and in what order. I acutually printed it out and stuck it on my fridge so i always had it handy when grocery shopping for my son.

Good luck!!

My pd said that my baby is very tall 72cm for his age but slim 8.1kg. She suggested that I don't give him enough protein. Can anyone suggest and chicken or protein rich easy t make food? I'm not a great cook. Simple is better.
    Thanks a lot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast