Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Update

rachrobin is offline Registered User

Update

Hi everyone,

Sort of back in the land of the living, 11 days since Luella arrived.

How is everyone doing? Any news on Fi, Tracey or Sarah?

I had a pretty tough intro to motherhood thanks to the c-section. So much harder than i thought it would be. Breast feeding also a problem which we are trying to work out still. Apart from that we are doing well. Robin has been great and is dreading going back to work. He's a natural dad!

Hope you are all well.

Rach

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

hi love,

it is great to hear from you, sorry for being off line of late.

i am so sorry to hear about your rough entry into mummyhood but pleased you and little Luella are wonderful and healthy. they say breastfeeding is a learned technique - I am so sure you will master it soon enough. Bless Robin, he definitely has the nature for daddyhood.

news my end.... umm... where do I start? as you know, i have been pretty blessed the whole way though my pregnancy. I am now 40 weeks plus 4 days (or 8 days if you work from my first due date). i developed pelvic pain late last week: I suspect when Bella dropped (was 4/5th engaged as of sat). The pain has done nothing but get worse and worse. I can not sit or stand horizontal for more than 2 hours without needing to lie down flat to get rid of the pain.

i was in fear of continuing to try for a natural birth because of my pelvic pain as they do not recommend epi's with pelvic problems however I seem to be over the fear now. maybe that is because i am currently not in pain or that I did have a great yuen session over the phone today which I am sure helped!

i am hoping bella comes today or tomorrow - if she doesnt, I have a c section booked 10.30 Thurs am. have mixed feelings about that as well?!?

in addition, i have an accupunture session booked at 1pm tomorrow to help with the pelvis as well as bring the labour on. Please say a prayer for me.

apart from all that- no other gossip other than I am feeling huge and uncomfortable.

Re Fi: we have been in daily contact but I have not heard back from her or Rich today so am thinking, that no news is good news and she is panting away at the Matilda.

Re Sarah... not sure!

I promise to keep in touch and can not wait for all of us to catch up again.

Trace

rachrobin is offline Registered User

Hi Tracey,

So sorry to hear you've had a rough week. Today is actually Luella's due date - I can't imagine what it would have been like to carry her the extra 2 weeks. She would have definitely clocked the 9 pound mark!

I really hope the acupuncture gives you some relief and maybe bring it all on for you.
    If you end up needing the c-section, remember they are doing what is best for you and the baby. I had an unfortunate reaction to the spinal block (I'm not good with morphine) which meant I had acute nausea and vomiting for the first 24 hours - not great on the same day as belly surgery! I couldn't care for Luella at all for the first day - I even had to ask them to take her away. So by the time I got home I had the full dose of mother guilt and I was 'grieving' the time I lost on that first day and night. Couldn't stop crying until a couple of days ago!
    I have also had major problems with milk supply and feeding, which just adds to it all.

On top of all this my mother has railroaded us and announced she is coming over at the end of next week. FOR 2 WEEKS! All this has done is add to my stress, but I'm trying hard to keep an open mind.

BTW I still look about 5 months pregnant, and it doesn't look like going anywhere fast. Today however, I reclaimed my feet, ankles and calves. I also managed to jam my wedding ring back on!

If you want to have a chat about anything before Thursday, feel free to call me.

Rach X

salevizos is offline Registered User

Rach,
    Im glad to see you're back at home and have enough time to get online, although Im sorry its been so difficult. I've read with c-sections that the feeding thing takes a bit longer. Don't take that bottle and formula out just yet; keep at it and Im sure you'll both figure it out in no time.

As for me, I've been waiting in much the same condition as Tracey unfortunately. Im spending most of my time horizontally positioned on the sofa in front of the TV; I think Ive seen every episode of CSI at this point!

Anyhow, Im scheduled for next Thursday if nothing happens before then naturally - 38 weeks is about as long as the doctor recommends for twins and Ive found this to be quite consistent in my research. Thursday, because Ive got to check in before everyone checks in for their 'deliveries' on the auspicious day of 8/8/08. By the way, doesnt purposefully giving birth on an auspicious day take away at least some of the auspiciousness????

Can you give me a ring when you can? Im going to try for a natural birth, but want to get a better handle on the c-section if it comes to that.

Tracey - tomorrow!!!! Im sure however it happens, you'll feel nothing but happiness. Rest up for Bella's big day tomorrow.

S

shoni is offline Registered User

Did anyone hear from Tracy?

Did Bella make her own appearance or did she go in for the C?

Shoni

mocha is offline Registered User

wan chai rach,

congrautation!!! do you still remember me? if i remember correctlly, we have nearlly the same due date.
    i will have at least a wk to go. my due date is on 8/8.
    my belly now is 44 inches. lucky, i can still move freely and still go to work everyday as normal.

As i bf my elder one till 2.5yr old, if you have any quesetion about bf, you are welcome to call me and see if i can help.

you still look about 5 months pregnant, how many kg in total you gain?
    I gained around 11kg in total so far...

Last edited by mocha; 07-31-2008 at 05:12 PM.

hi everyone,

yesterday i had acupunture to help bring things on. I then had a foot massage and requested that the 'special' points be pressed. my mum and maid then made the eggplant dish from annerley's book.... the result - nothing!

around 5pm I made a decision because i couldnt bring myself to have an elective c so switched doctors. i am now running with dr rodgers and saw him this morning. he advised that my cervix seems to be getting more favourable since my last visit with dr d (dr r gave my file and did the hand over this am) but still not opening.

dr r said that i should go into labour naturally in the next couple of days. i am hoping he is right!!!!! worse case, he will commence an induction this sunday night. i also had acupuncture today to continue to help things.

so in summary.... i have lost all of my patience, get occassionally very p of at the pain and my situation and am miserable being 'in limbo between worlds' plus very anxious to meet my little one. i love her soooooo much and hope she is ok.

i promise to keep you updated as things progress.

the upside..... Fi had a gorgeous little boy and is resting well in good spirits in the hospital. i am sure she will be on line at some point soon.

take care. love trace

ps to Sarah... i am sure camping on the couch is doing your head in like mine. mum keeps saying 'enjoy it whilst you can'!!!!

pss to Rach... you know I have a turbulent with my mum and the first week was very stressful. however in the last week because i have 'surrendered' a lot, things have been good. I hope that you find the same .....

essentially, mums can come with very strong controlling opinions but they do have a lot of experience to share and they can help.

as hard as it may be, my only advise to you is to give her jobs that you want her to do to assist you in your time i.e. leave three days washing etc - you will feel bad but she will feel great for it because mothers love feeling useful (more so as they get older).

I could be talking cods walop but thought I would throw it out-there anyhow. take care rach - u r a star!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast