Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

7mths baby - waking more often

fennho is offline Registered User

7mths baby - waking more often

hi mommies

lately, my 7mth old baby gal has been waking up slightly more often in the night. In the past, she'd sleep at 7-ish up till about 1-3am, wake up for one feeding, then sleep till about 4-5am, feed again, then will sleep to about 7-8am.

For the past few weeks, she still goes to bed at about 7-8pm. But will wake up at around 11-12pm (always crying), and then sleeps till about 2-3am, then another round at 5-6am. And then she'll sleep again till about 8-ish. She has just started solids, giving her up to 3 teaspoonful of rice cereal and some veg puree in the evening. I have also just started to give her jus 1 teaspoon for breakfast. She's also sprouting one tooth out. :)

Her naps in the daytime is about 3-4hours. Usually around 11am (for about 1-2hours) and then 3-ish (for about 1-2hours).

I'm wondering if these wakings are due to her

1) teething....or
    2) she's not getting enough food, hence do i need to top-up her solids to more meals?
    3) too much naps in the daytime?

Will be grateful for any comments! Thanks!!

mscheerful is offline Registered User

1) teething, could be.
    2) not getting enough of food... umm, i guess the veg puree at evening helps her to digest faster. I remember I gave 1/2 bowl or 5 spoonful of cereal to my son in the evening when he was 7 months old and sleep till next morning at 5.30 or 6am for another feed.
    3). too much nap? No, just right.

thanks mscheerful!

I am still breastfeeding her and would like to continue. Her last nursing session is at 7ish (nurse to sleep) so will giving her so much so late makes her doesn't want to nurse or nurse less ie not getting same amount of milk since she's oredi feeling full? Her bedtime is 7ish...is it good/ok to feed her so late (I'm asking based on the assumption of our practices of not going to bed with a full stomach health theory)

adahc is offline Registered User

My son does exactly the same thing, same waking hour almost. I just put in down to anxiety.

I was also nursing my son to sleep when he was your girl's age till 9 months but I do start to give him formula, once in a day time. His dinner, cereal is at 5.30pm and nurse him to sleep at around 7.30-8pm, he slept till the next morning with occasionally waking up between 11.30-3.30am for another feed. When he has his last solid at 5.30pm so by 8pm, he is more or else digested well yet feel full and have a good night sleep. as again, every baby is different.

carang is offline Registered User

it seems to me that MANY babies start to wake up more often when they hit about 6-7 months. BOTH of mine did. I found with mine it was more about the fact that they could now roll over and sit up on their own, they would 1/2 wake up and either roll over or sit up and not know how to get themselves back down into a comfortable position to sleep.

they both eventually outgrew it, as will yours.

oh yes, carang you are right, my son sits up when he turned 6 months and oh boy, he decided to sit up middle of the night to play and went back to sleep of cause with me nursing him. But not too often as he prefered to sleep through the night and play the next day. yes, Fennho, she will soon outgrew it and the next is waking up at 530am, not bad during summer but winter - let me sleep!!!!!!!

carang/cheerful
    thanks but at 7mths, I still dun see my gal sitting up on her own. She can roll over both ways now but when she wakes up at 11ish, I can see she was not trying to roll over. So what gives? Maybe moving about caused her to wake? *puzzled*

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast