Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

how to get china travel card for new born

Neha is offline Banned

HK allows dual nationality

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neha View Post
    HK allows dual nationality
    Okay, so without even dealing at all with nationality--is it possible to obtain a HK passport for your child without actually changing our child's nationality? US does not allow dual citizenship.

Neha is offline Banned

How can u get the passport of one country without becoming its citizen? To get HK passport u have to declare that u are becoming Chinese citizen.

MLBW Guest

But how does that actually work as China doesn't allow dual citizenship and neither does the US? Maybe it's just impossible in this case. I've read that some people hold multiple passports but are not necessarily citizens of multiple countries. For example, my old roommate was a Korean citizen who held and traveled on a Korean passport. When she moved to the States she was only a resident but obtained a US passport--depending on where she planned to travel she could use the passports interchangeably--when she became a US citizen, however, she was required to give up her Korean passport (or stop using it).

Anyone had any experience with this?

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

My kids are American/Australian/HK and both of them holds US passprt, Australian passport and HKSAR passport(with a HKID).

As you all aware, Australia do allow dual citizenship but they are require by US law to make their choice of citizenship when they turn 18. As I was born in HK, so they are also eligible for the re-entry permit to China. But some of my friends told me that they do need a Chinese name on the HKSAR/birth certificate/HKID card, otherwise the China official will refuse their application.

Bear Lau:

eyt
    eyt is offline Registered User

Back to beachedwhale's original question (if you haven't already sorted it out), I am a Perminent HKID holder of Chinese origin (with 3 stars on the HKID card) and we applied for my son to have a British passport when he was born (Hubby is British). We haven't got him a HK passport yet but to get the China travel card, we had to give my son a Chinese name first. This has to appear on his birth certificate which is used to apply for a Hong Kong re-entry permit (it's a thin red booklet), and then use that to apply for the China travel card. I think it took us 2 to 3 weeks to sort it out (especially with the annoying queueing/quota system they use at Immigration and China Travel Services).

superMaMa is offline Registered User

HI

I am a Perminent HKID holder of Chinese origin (with 3 stars on the HKID card) and my hubby is British. I got a HK ID card, SARS passport and the China travel card for my daughter. But I didnt have my daughter's Chinese name on her birth certificate, it's only on her China travel card.

When I apply the SARS passport for her, it's only because for her to return to HK.

eyt: Where do you live in Yuen Long? I'm also live in Pat heung(yuen Long).

Puzzled is offline Registered User

Is my new born baby eligible to apply for China travel card?

Both my husband and I are US passport holders and Chinese race (born and brought up in mainland China). I am going to deliver a baby in HK in 10 days. I wonder what documents are required (simpliest to get) to bring our new baby to mainland China.

The official at HK Travel Document Issuing Office said if the parents are of Chinese race, the baby is eligible to apply, but she can not give us concrete ideas on how to show our Chinese race.

Any idea?

Also, is China travel card also called re-entry permit? Which is the one I should use to bring my baby to mainland China?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast