Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Born on Cathay Flight

rani is offline Administrator

Baby Born on Cathay Flight

Just read of a Mum who gave birth to a boy on a Cathay Flight from HK to Adelaide this week. Baby was six weeks early. Fortunately, there was a GP on the plane who had delivered a baby before.

Here's the full story

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/200...21_ntnews.html

joyofliving is offline Registered User

I think it was stupid of this women to fly so late in her pregnancy and that too alone. Read this...
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4665663a11.html

dbmum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by joyofliving View Post
    I think it was stupid of this women to fly so late in her pregnancy and that too alone. Read this...
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4665663a11.html
    I'm guessing this thread was started because it's an interesting and uplifting story.
    Clearly this woman you are referring to was well within the guidelines according to the airline and to most every doctor out there regarding safety of airline flight in pregnancy. Obviously NO ONE could've predicted that this was going to happen.
    Your comment is truly inappropriate.

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmum View Post
    I'm guessing this thread was started because it's an interesting and uplifting story.
    Clearly this woman you are referring to was well within the guidelines according to the airline and to most every doctor out there regarding safety of airline flight in pregnancy. Obviously NO ONE could've predicted that this was going to happen.
    Your comment is truly inappropriate.
    I completely agree. Babies come when they choose to come. I took a trans-Pacific flight late in my pregnancy and didn't go into labor and I read a story once of a woman who flew when she was about 5 or 6 months pregnant and delivered on a plane. Childbirth is a natural thing and there are many women the world over that will never end up giving birth to their children in the sterility of a hospital--I personally know a lady who went through labor so fast with every child that she never could make it to the hospital. I am so happy that everything turned out well for the lady in the article!