Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baby not interested in solids

pixelelf is offline Registered User

i dunno if my experience will be any consolation to you... actually geomum, starting solids for my baby didnt stop him from waking up in the nights. he still wakes up to feed. im exclusively bfing too.

although he does take some (or few) spoonfuls at meal times, he sometimes just rejects completely. out of 7 days in a week... he rejects 2 days in a row! even at meal times, he gets impatient and demands to be done immediately.

all i know is i have to go slow with him and if he rejects... i'll try again at the next meal time. i do feel sad and alittle afraid that he may not be getting enough nutrients, but the doc told me he's still ok and told me to keep trying n encouraging him.

hope that helps.

unity is offline Registered User

hi pixelelf

the fish was what the pd suggested. also, according to the book 'super foods for baby and toddler' by annabel karmel, salmon and other fatty fish should be given after 7 months. since i also believe that they need the omega 3 for brain devt i thought i'd give it a go.

my dd rejected the fish with oat the other day. then i decided to spoon in some apple and banana sauce to make it taste less fishy. she seems to be happy with that and opened her mouth and ate a bit more than usual. i was happy cos i didn't have to 'trick' her to open her mouth. so, off to 360 to buy more apples and banana and make more of the sauce. ;)

btw, i also added some parsley to her meals since it supposed to have high level of iron which is important after 6 mths.

good luck!

pixelelf is offline Registered User

thanks unity! my folks also told me to feed fish but his initial rash flare ups were so bad, im hesitant. sigh.

NYCMel is offline Registered User

my ped suggested that if he is not interested, feed him less formula in between so that he's more raveneous during meal times and will not care as much about what is being fed to him.

geomum is offline Registered User

Thanks for your replies, I will keep trying to feed her everyday hoping to get her interested. I don't think she considers anything other than breastmilk (Directly from the breast) as food. I have tired so many different things but nothing is working right now.

PS: Unity I have sent you a PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12