Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Peg Perego P3 Classico vs. MacLaren Techno XT

CDNMomma is offline Registered User

Peg Perego P3 Classico vs. MacLaren Techno XT

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to decide on a stroller. I have narrowed it down to the Peg Perego P3 Classico and the Maclaren Techno XT. I live in Discovery Bay. Just looking for opinions on which is most practical to use from birth. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

geomum is offline Registered User

We've been using Peg Perego since our daughter was 2 weeks old so can tell you about that.
    Pros: Baby is extremely comfortable sleeping since the seat is very big and it flats out completely. Our daughter is 6+ months and quite big for her age still she has enough space to sleep comfortably. The wheels are big so very stable and safe on any kind of surface and very easy to maneuver around. Has a large basket at the bottom to put nick nacks. Has a wide variety of colours to choose from.
    Cons: Very heavy (9.5kgs), cannot be folded with one hand.

Last edited by geomum; 09-15-2008 at 02:16 PM.

jane01 is offline Registered User

I've had both. The maclaren is soooo much better. The peg is heavy, hard to steer with one hand and impossible to fold whilst holding your baby. The maclaren XT is lighter, really easy to steer and you can fold it whilst holding your baby.

These things are very important for buses and taxis.

Whilst the maclaren doesn't recline quite flat, it never bothered my daughter. In fact, she seemed more comfortable with a slight incline. We used it from birth.

Have a look around DB and you will see the maclarens outnumber the pegs about 100:1 - for good reason in my opinion.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I cannot comment on these specific types but I do own a (double) MacLaren. Overall, I would say stay away from PP and Combi (had one) ... wayyyyy too much plastic. MacLaren is way more durable, easier for travelling, a real city stroller, etc.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I would also say Maclaren.....with my son we used the bugaboo chameleon (which has many pros and cons) but I recently broke that and so we bought the maclaren techno xlr and it is great.

The techno xlr recline more than the xt so is great to use from birth. Our two month old daughter seems to love it, and it's easily folded. It's a little wider than the techno xt.

cutes is offline Registered User

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PURCHASE A PEG PEREGO???? LIKE ASAP lol

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User

0/3 BABY have a range however its local in Harbour City, TST

fennho is offline Registered User

i have a Maclren but looking to buy a PP. The Maclaren is narrower but i'm surprised lots of u favour it over PP. I've had friends sworn by PP cos it's more sturdy. The Maclaren always threaten to topple over if i hang a bag over it (without the bb inside). PP will remain sturdy even with a toddler stepping on behind the wheels. And the seat look more cushiony and comfy too. I also like the PP having a big basket beneath to store things!