Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Cloth nappies vs. Diapers - which one do you vote for???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Cloth Nappies vs Diapers??

reei is offline Registered User

cloth nappy is always better than diapers. not just economically but prevents diaper rash in babies.. also. allow the skin to 'breathe'. i used cloth diapers in the beginning for my baby, but during winter, i used diaper, because it was too cold . these days, still using diapers, because my mil babysits her during the day,, and let her use that.. as during the weekend, i will use cloth diaper, helps to potty train her..

crystal88 is offline Registered User

If anyone wants to try it out, i have a NEW newborn size from FizziBunz, yours for $60 with insert, bought the wrong size.

jjmum is offline Registered User

chelle,
    You can find cloth diapers locally in Citysuper Times Square, both AIO and nappy & cover separately are available.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

We use the cloth nappies (Bum Genius) for day time and a disposable at night as we have also had leaks at night even with the additional hemp liner. Loving them and nice to know that I am doing my (little) bit for the environment. Took me about a month of using 10 disposables a day on my newborn to realise how much space they take up in the landfill.

Definately worth trying even if you use them in conjuntion with disposables.

SB2

staargrl is offline Registered User

just curious to all the mommies who use the "all in ones/ or pocket diapers" i.e. bumgenius/fuzzibunz... if you find they're bulky at all, since i've heard this was a drawback... thanks!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

They are a bit bulky, particularly for a newborn. The bulkiness is "less" when the baby is bigger. I use bum genius and I love how it's "one size fits all" - but that kind of adds to the bulkiness for the newborn. I think they're worth a try, but I wouldn't get more than 12 unless you want to 100% use cloth diapers, even when you're out. They're expensive too, which to me is the main drawback...

Matty is offline Registered User

I've used Fuzzibunz from 3 mths to potty training and don't find them bulky at all.
    Clothes go over the top the same as a disposable.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Agree with Nicolejoy. Think we bought 14 Bumgenius ones and could have done with 12 as we only started on reuseable ones after about 10 weeks. The reason we chose these ones was the same - one size fits all - don't need to buy two sets of sizes. Make sure you get some white ones as, in addition to some bulkiness, the coloured ones also show through lighter coloured clothes.

SB2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast