Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Melamine in Mainland Milk Powder Updates

shaanmom is offline Registered User

Does anyone know about Nestle Nespray Milk Powder? No mention on that on the websites.... Gosh, we need to go one step further - organic milk!

pixelelf is offline Registered User

i read in the news that starbucks in China got hit as well... does it mean starbucks here also served contaminated milk? *shudder*
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...g-scandal.html

miaka is offline Registered User

how do we know if our child is affected? my toddler drank both nestle's dairy farm and paul's milk depending whatever is available or on sale. i'm concerned bc i don't know if she drank any of the contaminated batches. but taking her to the hospital would definitely be an all day if not 2-3 day wait.

miaka is offline Registered User

also does anyone know if this stuff leaks into breastmilk? i'm still nursing my younger baby, but i have had contaminated milk myself.

Neha is offline Banned

now they say 53000 kids are affected with the tainted milk in China.

MLBW Guest

Oh, this is so sad and so infuriating! My thoughts are: When is the mainland going to get it that they need to have some sort of standards and really enforce them. Not even 2 years ago overseas pets were dying from the same kidney-related problems because they ate pet food tainted with melamine and the tainted powder was traced back to the mainland. How many children have to get sick or die and how many families have to grieve before they get their act together! My deepest sympathies also to those in HK who have been affected by this.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by miaka View Post
    also does anyone know if this stuff leaks into breastmilk? i'm still nursing my younger baby, but i have had contaminated milk myself.
    Hi,

I'm not expert on this, but you can call LLL to ask.

In my opinion, breastmilk is the best, even if you have drank contaminated milk yourself. If you are sick or down with flu, baby still won't be contaminated with the breastmilk. If you are taking medicines, baby is still safe, i don't know how it works.

Continue to breastfeed. I'll have my baby soon and i swear it's exclusive breastfeeding with the scare going on.

megan2008 is offline Registered User

Does anybody know exactly what brand did contain the tainted milk? I didn't see any listed on the brands that did contain the toxin.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast