Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Melamine in Mainland Milk Powder Updates

Helle is offline Registered User

website that has most up-to-date info

Hi all,
    I think this is the site that has the most up to date info on the whole crisis and what they have found so far!
    Its so horrible and tragic! Hope they will learn from this and that it wont happen again!
    x
    Helle
    http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsn...t_samples.html

m2cw2mhk is offline Registered User

any word on whether Starbucks in Hong Kong have been using tainted milk? we have been known to treat our daughter to a creme drink there...I shudder to think...

Neha is offline Banned

Starbucks in HK uses milk from australia and Indonesia

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Does anyone know if milk from Kowloon Dairy is ok? Can't find information anywhere but I saw in today's paper it uses ingredients from China.

arleneli is offline Registered User

Hi..
    Kowloon Dairy imported their milk from Guangdong, China and do the packaging in Tuen Mun. I think you should wait until the government do the testing on their product before starting to consume their milk. It's safer that way.

stephchoy is offline Registered User

Hoax Email on Contaminated Milk

Hi, Everyone,

Just received two separate emails with a huge list of melamine tainted recalled products with some names like Dutch Lady, Dove Dreyers, M&M, Snickers, etc. The emails do not mention the source of this list and some of the items are inconsistent with the CFD's list. I just want to check if anyone knows if this list is true and where it comes from. If it is unsubstantiated, I would really like to advise people not to send it along. We should certainly be wary, but not be party to spreading a spirit of fear and panic.

Stephanie

aussiegal is offline Registered User

I received the same message only via sms. I haven't been able to corroborate the message but do think it is better to err on the side of caution. It is very possible that these products are tainted. In fact, I do wonder what other rubbish is going into all food out of China now that it is common knowledge that putting melamine into baby formula was done very deliberately to mask inferior protein levels and to bolster profits at the expense of the health and indeed lives of babies. If babies are fair game I'm sure adult food suffers much the same treatment.

stephchoy is offline Registered User

Yes, but why spread news when it might not be true? If we want to warn people, refer them to the correct sources. But wanted to check as well if anyone has a list of the products that were tested and recalled in China for melamine? I found a link to what I guess is the Chinese Government version of CFS but it was all in Chinese, which I was unable to read.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast