Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Adventist

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

Adventist

Hi

I've been placed on the waiting list at Matilda with a May 09 due date. This is my first pregnancy and therefore am a little apprehensive.

I'm now considering the Adventist. Can anyone give any recent insight as to the care received at Adventist, what are the staff, rooms like etc? Can my partner remain with me at all times during labour and birth and stay overnight in the room?

Thanks!

BabyHappy is offline Registered User

Hi

I am also going to the Adventist. I am due March 2009. The only issue with the adventist is you cannot book a specific room. You can request a private room at the time of checking in to the hospital and they see what is available.

Overall the hospital is very professional and comes highly recommended from people I have spoken to.

Verity

Smiles is offline Registered User

It's the same at Matilda....you can request a private room but you won't know until the day you book in as to what's available. Your partner can stay with you throughout labour and birth but they can only stay overnight with you if you have a private room (I'm pretty sure this is the same at all private hospitals).

My friend gave birth at the Adventist a couple of months ago and had a really good experience. You can pop in and do a tour, might help put your mind at rest to have a look?

Don't forget with Adventist they will require your deposit as confirmation of your booking and you won't get this back if you decide later not to go there.

Last edited by Smiles; 10-10-2008 at 05:08 PM.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Are you apprehensive to go to Matilda ?
    I didn't give birth in their hospital (was at Canossa), but I had to spend some time over there with my son when he was 1 month old... I really appreciated to be there, nurses are really great, the food is so good, a high quality hospital.

Lozz83 is offline Registered User

My baby was delivered at Adventist in July this year and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

The room was comfortable, I was also able to get the room that I wanted. My partner was with me through the delivery (I had a c-section) and was able to stay as long as he wanted, he couldn't stay overnight as we weren't in a private room (where husbands can stay the night). The visiting hours are 9am to 9pm but they were pretty flexible with my partner, he always left around 11pm when I went to sleep. I think the visiting hours are mainly in place for extended family and friends.

I had my baby with me all day but returned him to the nursery at night so I could get some sleep and the nurses brought him back to me when he woke up for a feed.

The nurses are brilliant - very attentive, caring, friendly and gave me lots of help and advice with breast feeding.

Hope this helps!

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone! I went for a tour today at Adventist and the midwife on duty was very nice and friendly. The maternity unit looks bright and clean and I did feel a little more at ease. My (and my partner's!) only worry now is that we don't get allocated a private room as he really wants to stay with me and the baby overnight