Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Queen Mary - Advice Needed

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Smile Queen Mary - Advice Needed

Hi

I am a little confused now. I am being booked in the Queen Mary as a private patient due to medical reason. My scheduled C section is 5 Nov 2008

I just got my dependent visa today and got a booking date on 20/10/08 for my HKID application. I know it takes about 10 working days to get my HKID.

My question is :-
    - Would I be entitled to resident rate as I would have gotten my HKID by 5/11/2008
    - As a public patient would I be able to choose the type of rooms or is it all in a general ward
    - Have anyone have experience recently in QM as a public patient on a planned C section.
    - Are they very strict about the visiting hours for husband
    - What is the estimated cost like ?
    - what is the difference in cost as a public and private patient.

jormankiu is offline Registered User

I stayed as a private patient at QM to have emergency c-section last December, so I can share with u my experience.

- Would I be entitled to resident rate as I would have gotten my HKID by 5/11/2008 - no idea.
    - As a public patient would I be able to choose the type of rooms or is it all in a general ward

As a public patient you can only stan in general ward. If they runs out of bed, they'll just open a smaller bed and let you sleep next to another patient behind the same curtain. for private patient, supposedly u have a choice of private ward or a double. But as I saw there's actually no private single ward so the only choice you have is a double ward. A double ward has own bathroom and a TV share by both patients. Mind you that the hygiene condition of the bathroom in general ward is not quite the same as the private ones.

- Have anyone have experience recently in QM as a public patient on a planned C section.
    - Are they very strict about the visiting hours for husband
    - What is the estimated cost like ?

If you stay in a private ward (single or double), the nurses are less strict, meaning that husband can stay for like half hour more until nurse comes in and kicks him out. But there's no way a visitor can stay overnight. THey are also less strict on number of visitors. You are supposed to have one visitor at a time but I saw many ppl briniging more than one visitors.

- what is the difference in cost as a public and private patient.

Cost as public is HK$50 per night. For private, it depends. Not sure about scheduled c-section. In my case where i stayed for 4 nights and had emergency c, the bill was over HK$60K.

kairo is offline Registered User

"I just got my dependent visa today and got a booking date on 20/10/08 for my HKID application. I know it takes about 10 working days to get my HKID.

My question is :-
    - Would I be entitled to resident rate as I would have gotten my HKID by 5/11/2008"

The day you apply for your HKID you'll get a receipt that serves as a temp id. That will entitle you to resident rates