Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

8 weeks - is this normal??

Eve12 is offline Registered User

8 weeks - is this normal??

Hi All,

I need some advice pls. This is my first pregnancy - I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and have not been feeling any "pregnancy" symptoms for the past week.. Two weeks ago - (6 weeks pregnant )- I confirmed my pregnancy with OB/GYN, the following week (week 7), my breast were definitely "fuller" and was somewhat tender for 3 days, but I was not feeling any morning sickness. Same week (week 7) -I noticed that i was going to the bathroom a bit frequently. Anyway, this week, I have no symptoms. My breasts are still "fuller" but not tender at all and I feel "completely normal", no tender breast, no nausea, not tired. Does that mean I'm no longer pregnant? Please advise and thanks for all your help...

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Maybe you're just one of those lucky people who don't "suffer" so much in pregnancy!! I was like that in the first 8 weeks as well. Once I hit about 10 weeks, I was crazily tired - but that was my only real "pregnancy symptom" (other than missed period) pretty much until I started showing and feeling the baby move! I could hardly believe whenever I went to the doctor and they did the ultrasound and there really WAS a baby in there because I felt NOTHING.

Don't worry about it unless you start bleeding and cramping and stuff. Just be happy that you're not sick or something like other women are!! You're blessed!!

curlybaby is offline Registered User

Don't worry, I have exactly the same non-symptoms! nicolejoy is right, women who do not spend the whole day with their head in a bucket are indeed blessed. I know it can be very unsettling, especially when it's your first pregnancy (I'm also 8 weeks pregnant for the 1st time, with twins), and you worry that there is something wrong with the baby since you're not sick, but it's a gift! So just relax, and enjoy a trouble-free pregnancy :-)

Eve12 is offline Registered User

Hi Nicolejoy and Curlybaby,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. This is extremely helpful and comforting....you have made my day.

Curlybaby - twins - CONGRATS!!!! yeah2

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

I'm 12 weeks and have had no symptoms so far (apart from being extremely forgetful)! Only know I'm pregnant by the scan

staceycolyer is offline Registered User

Reading this thread makes me so relieved! I was feeling extremely tired and heavy breasted from 4 weeks and started to get nausea, heartburn etc at 5 weeks. This is my 7th week (will be 8 weeks on Mon) and a couple of days ago the exhaustion lifted and the nausea seems to have gone away too. Have still got sore breasts, but they don't seem as sore. I was also worried about the symptoms lessening/disappearing, but think that it's just one of those things. And you are all right...we should count ourselves lucky that we are feeling good. Still won't be completely at ease until the u/s next week, in fact, probably not till the 12 weeks are up...hope time doesn't drag too much!

carang is offline Registered User

OMG! I'm SOOOOOO jealous! If I had pregnancies like yours, I could easily talk hubby into another one, as it is pregnancy and I agree on nothing and I'm a total write-off for 8 months! (I'll never make it to full term due to too many complications to enumerate here.)

ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLBW Guest

I would say, like the others, this is normal. I had morning sickness up until week 11 and literally woke up one day and was like, "Hmmm, I feel like eating something." Of course, it was only a reprieve as later things got worse but for me it was normal to feel gross and then one day feel pretty okay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast