Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weekend getaway with baby

sfnative is offline Registered User

Weekend getaway with baby

We are in desperate need of a weekend getaway. We have a 3-month old boy. It's time to venture out and get a change of scenery. Do any of you have any recommendations for a baby-friendly hotel with a nonstop flight? We are considering Singapore, Thailand or Hanoi.

Thanks!

joannek is offline Registered User

since your baby is still on breastmilk or formula (which makes it more difficult to travel cos you have to bring formula & worry about the water, etc), it's actually quite easy to travel. shangri-la at cebu is excellent. not expensive & baby-friendly.

the oriental in bangkok is also excellent. they provide free bottled-water, baby-tubs, a nice basket of baby supplies, nappies, baby powder, baby bath, shampoo, cotton, bath duckies, etc. the cabanas by the poolside is great to relax with your baby. private car-hire in bangkok is also not expensive if you feel safer travelling non-taxi & metro. great spa for mommy to pamper yourself!

cha-cha is offline Registered User

we stayed at the Shangri La Rasa Ria (Kota Kinabalu) with a toddler and baby. it's a 3 hr direct flight from HK. the hotel was able to provide a travel cot, microwave, steriliser, baby bathtub upon request. we even managed to hire a car (w/ driver) with car seats for both our children, which made getting around so much easier. good for a short break. stay in the ocean wing if you can, we loved the private bathtub on the terrace.

Neha is offline Banned

Peninsula Bangkok is having a great offer thru CX Holidays. Check out CX WEBSITE. We are going this weekend to Hanoi but with an almost 2 year old

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

We just came back from a long weekend in Taipei (3d/2n) with 3 small children (4, 1 and 1). Although always a challenge we still travel and actually have a good time. We also used CX Holidays. I compared a lot, but in the end they had the best deal. We'll be going to Guilin (China) end of November. Also less than 2 hour flight. We're considering Vietnam in January for a week or so. We've already been to a lot of other places in SE Asia (pre-kids) so we're looking for new things!

snagito is offline Registered User

This is a great thread. What are your top tips on having a good time with toddlers/babies on holiday? Would be interested in knowing as we're long overdue for a break and have been putting it off as just unsure how we'll all actually have a good time, at least some of the time..I mean how does it actually become a real break and time away - I would want to go without any helpers, just be us, but I am worry that we would return much more tired than when we left if you know what I mean!! Thanks!

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Sofie&Twins View Post
    We just came back from a long weekend in Taipei (3d/2n) with 3 small children (4, 1 and 1). Although always a challenge we still travel and actually have a good time. We also used CX Holidays. I compared a lot, but in the end they had the best deal. We'll be going to Guilin (China) end of November. Also less than 2 hour flight. We're considering Vietnam in January for a week or so. We've already been to a lot of other places in SE Asia (pre-kids) so we're looking for new things!
    Wow, you seem to travel alot w/ three young kids. I also have one 3.5 yr. old son & b/g twins at 1yrs. old but we haven't travelled anywhere for almost 2 yrs.!

What do you take on your holidays & how do you get around. Do you use pushchairs or slings for your twins? Apart from the places you've already mentioned, are there other hotels/places that you would recommend to visit w/ 3 kids?

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by e-mum View Post
    Wow, you seem to travel alot w/ three young kids. I also have one 3.5 yr. old son & b/g twins at 1yrs. old but we haven't travelled anywhere for almost 2 yrs.!

What do you take on your holidays & how do you get around. Do you use pushchairs or slings for your twins? Apart from the places you've already mentioned, are there other hotels/places that you would recommend to visit w/ 3 kids?
    I am not saying it's always easy but I am not going to sit at home just because I have 3 kids. Our children were born during our 4 year stay in the States. They're 2 1/2 years apart. Our oldest travelled to all large cities in the US, we always tried to get 1 bedroom suites, had her do her naps and stocked up some wine in the evening for when she was sleeping (in NYC we had a sitter once for a whopping $25 an hour). When the twins were 2 1/2 months old we went to Jamaica, they've been to Denver at 8 months and we did a road trip from Chicago (where we lived) to New Orleans for 2 1/2 weeks before we left (last December). Obviously we also had travelling back and forth to Europe (where we're from).

Again, we always try for suites, in Taipei we had 2 connecting rooms. The twins in one and our oldest with us (she'll fall asleep anyway). We usually bring 1 umbrella stroller (used to be the double, but these days 2 singles because it's lighter and they walk more; in Asia singles work better in my opinion). We always do morning (pre nap) and afternoon (post nap) activities, and if possible do things kids like, but they'll like to walk around ... even in museums; I refuse to do only kids' things). We have regular stops, get them nice snacks and keep them happy. You need to be a little more flexible, but again, it's also a matter of doing. The States was very easy especially with walking, meals and activities, but now they're getting older, plenty of things to do in Asia too. In Taipei they loved the carp fish at the National Palace Museum ... or climb the stairs?! It doesn't always need to be super kid friendly in order for them to enjoy. I've used a carrier before they turned one, but I am not a big fan of carrying my kids around. They were all born way above average (incl. twins) and they still are nice and big kids, not something I plan to carry around so a stroller is our only option.
    Last edited by MommyTo3; 10-27-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: add info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast