Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Most desired school for 2yr old?

Dr.Mickey is offline Registered User

Gabriel ma,

Same as you that my work peers always talk abt which KG that our kids going to. As a mother of three, sometimes I can feel the 'pressure' from them and moms of my kids' classmates coz just like what you said 'unavoidably, we are competing with each others.'

So far as I know, not all the local mums here are keen in putting their '2 yrs old' toddlers to PN. I agree that PN is not a must for toddlers to enter any famous KG. Like my twin daughters, they did not join any PN before they went any K1 interviews but they got offers from all 'famous KG'. However, I agree that someone said the importance of 'playing'... toddlers at this age need lots and lots of 'playing'...they are learning through the playing time/ singing time (see Montessori...), an so on...

There's a question always in my mind that reminds myself how to plan the ECA for my kids...'will a kid start to learn Maths when he turns 1 or 2 MUST be better than when he turns 4 or 5 as normal???'

wish you all a happy new year.

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mickey View Post
    Gabriel ma,

Same as you that my work peers always talk abt which KG that our kids going to. As a mother of three, sometimes I can feel the 'pressure' from them and moms of my kids' classmates coz just like what you said 'unavoidably, we are competing with each others.'

So far as I know, not all the local mums here are keen in putting their '2 yrs old' toddlers to PN. I agree that PN is not a must for toddlers to enter any famous KG. Like my twin daughters, they did not join any PN before they went any K1 interviews but they got offers from all 'famous KG'. However, I agree that someone said the importance of 'playing'... toddlers at this age need lots and lots of 'playing'...they are learning through the playing time/ singing time (see Montessori...), an so on...

There's a question always in my mind that reminds myself how to plan the ECA for my kids...'will a kid start to learn Maths when he turns 1 or 2 MUST be better than when he turns 4 or 5 as normal???'

wish you all a happy new year.

Yes, HK moms/ kids are getting too much pressure. BTW, I have tried to teach my child by Montessori but I never got the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123