Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cold Cream

jeanyeeli is offline Registered User

Unhappy Cold Cream

Anyone can recommend a good cold cream for my baby who is fustrated with his face full of red patches from the dry weather?

Me and the baby was up all night last night because of his discomfort on his face. Is there any cream that will not sting the face while putting it on???

Desperate mum!!

MLBW Guest

Lightbulb

Have you tried natural oils on it? I put olive oil on my son's skin and it really helped. If you are specifically looking for a cream, I recommend Wool Wax or a pure lanolin-type cream. Have you ever heard of Lansinoh? It is a pure lanolin ointment that breastfeeding mothers put on to soothe their nipples. My son had really flaky rash right after he was born (because he was born in the Rocky Mountains in the USA during winter--so the weather was cold and dry) and our paediatrician told me to put some of it on his face and it helped a lot! So you give the baby a warm bath on the affected areas and then gently pat off most of the water--then seal the moisture into the skin using the Lansinoh.

Lansinoh

Hope this helps!

spockey is offline Registered User

We use a natural olive oil cream from Oz. But there is a cold cream from Mustela that you can get from the Taste supermarket that you could use too... I just didn't like the strong smell.

mosmom is offline Registered User

we're using avene cold cream; however, we're getting it from overseas as we haven't found it in hk (n.t.) yet.. maybe you could ask around. good luck!

jeanyeeli is offline Registered User

Thanks for the advices

rani is offline Administrator

You can also use vaseline

little mum is offline Registered User

Have you heard of Cherub Rubs - made in Australia, an 100% natural and organic cream suitable for baby. I found it very moisturizing. Another good Australian cream is Mei Mei, also organic certified. Very moisturising. I used these two brands when I was in Australia. They are available in Mother Organic in Central (www.mother-organic.com)