Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

grobag questions for experienced mums in HK

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

grobag questions for experienced mums in HK

hi,

m baby is 15 weeks and ready for the upcoming grobag winter.

can you please advise which tog i should be putting her in during Dec-Feb. I have bought 2.5 tog but am not sure?

any advise for mummies that have been through a winter in HK would be gratefully recieved.

many thanks.
    trace

ps and if you have had a five month old bub during dec in australia (melbourne) which tog is right. we are heading home for chrissy.

thanks again.

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Dear Tracey Nicole,

My little girl was five months in Winter just gone in Melbourne. Definately a 2.5 tog grow bag (plus we used a heater and a blanket tucked in, it was really cold last winter getting down to around 4 degrees almost every night). Don't panic if you don't take one with you, they are sold everywhere there.

Unfortunately I have not yet gone through winter in HK, this year will be my first. With Growbag though, they are 6- 18 months, so you will find that if you buy the wrong one you are likely to use it within the year anyway. The grow bag I just bought in Bumps to Babes had a thermometre in it, and a 2.5 tog should be used when the temp drops below around 20 degrees C.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further info. Good luck

LeahH is offline Registered User

For us, a 2.5 tog for a winter in HK, with footed pyjamas and long sleeves. We had a heater on in the room keeping the temp between 22-24.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

Last winter we used a 2.5tog grobag, socks, 2 layers of pants and 1 layer long sleeve + 1 fleece long sleeve. We didn't use the heater in his room because we found it way too dry. It gets pretty cold. Baby was wearing the same thing I was wearing to sleep every night!!

tstmum is offline Registered User

For HK winter - 2.5 tog grobag and vary from long sleeve bodysuit to all-in-one sleepsuit + extra singlet and PJ top depending on weather (it was REALLY cold this year).

For Melbourne at Christmas - well, you know how predictable the weather can be then!!! (for the uninitiated, potentially 38 degrees one day and 18 the next...seriously!). Our first Christmas in Melbourne with a baby (who was about 9 months at the time) I took a 2.5 tog and a 1.0 tog grobag to cover all eventualities. This year with 2 kids (including a baby about 9 months) and hence WAY more luggage to pack I think I'll just take the 1.0 tog and add extra layers of clothing if necessary.

joshsmum is offline Registered User

Re Melbourne in December, I agree with tstmum, it can be un-preductable! I am also going to Melbourne in December and think I'll just take the 1.0 grobag and add more layers of clothing if I have to.

I used a 1.0 grobag all through summer in HK with long sleeve Pj's underneath, but we also had the air conditioning on all the time.

Belinda