Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

zany500 is offline Registered User

Due July 2009

Hello,

New to Geobaby thought that I'd start a thread for the future moms, due in July 2009. We're expecting our 1st baby, on the 10th of July if the calculation is correct! Currently 5 weeks and 3 days...first visit and first scan done...so excited!

Would love to meet some mums to be based in Central !

I'm thinking to go to Queen's Mary but now having a private GynOb (the schedule is better for me, I work in Central and my husband is there too, it's easier to go during lunch time). Will register at Queen's Mary later cause I am not willing to have everything thing in double. Does this works ?

Oh I almost forgot, my name is Jeanne, I'm french, just moved to HK in june 2008.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Hi

My experience at Queen Mary as a public patient is that you see a different doctor everytime you go for your check up and you would never know who would deliver your baby.

If this is ok with you, I think QM is one of the best public hospital in HK.

In the end I gave birth to my boy at the Matilda, cos I am more comfortable with my private OB

Hi,

That's what I heard yes, I cannot afford the all thing (and especially the delivery) through the private system, my insurance package is quite low ! so I do not really have the choice and it's fine wit me. I'll use my insurance package for the pre natal with a private Ob.

By the way, do I have to register at QM anyway ? Is there any deadline ?

Congrats for your baby boy :-)

Hi zany500

You need to call Tseun Yuk to make a appointment, they are the ones who do all the pre naetal check up for QM. All the check up is basically free and you need to pay for ultra sound scan but from what I know they do not do it as often as private OB.

Their contact number is 25892100

You would need to bring proof of address, proof of pregnancy,

please free to contact me if you need more info.

Thank you very much for all these info !

Last question about QM...do I have to register now or can I wait untill the "last minute" (week 30/34), to avoid double follow up (my private OB + Tseun Yuk)?

Thanks for your tips.

aimeedg is offline Registered User

Hi Zany,
    Congrats! I'm also in my 5th week entering 6th week on Wed. Hence I'm having my first scan on Wed. I cant wait! I'm also kinda nervous since this is THE scan to check out if everything is ok, and if they see a heartbeat. I'm in "shock" with regard to the pregnancy news but I think it will sink in once the doctor confirms there is a heart!

Aimeedg

Hi Zangy

I dont think its a problem. I registered late like 34 - 35 weeks as well because I only got my HKID recently. I just delivered my baby on 7 Nov under emergency c-section.

I have all along been under the care of a private OB who used to be 1 of the most senior OB consultant in QM before he went into private practice.

Thanks a lot jaz1311 ! I'll do that then :-)

Hello aimeedg, congrats !

So funny, we are about 2 days apart !
    I had the first scan last wednesday 12th (I was 4 weeks and 5 days), no heart beat for me it was too early, just a quick scan to chek if the f?tus was at the right place, and mesurement to date the pregnancy. After the scan, I had the first tests : blood test, urine test, blood presure, medical history, etc. everything is fine...Next visit december 15th for a 2nd scan.

I'm so excited !

Which doctor are you going to ? It's your 1st baby ?

Jeanne

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast