Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Desperate!!

coolgirl is offline Registered User

Desperate!!

I am trying for a baby for 2 years and no luck. Well, one main problem is coital issue. My husband works crazy hours and we hardly have time for trying. Recently, he did a test back home and sperm count and motility is very low. Its mainly beacuse of his stressful work lifestyle and crazy market now:( All my friends are expecting and I feel depressed. I would welcome any type of advice to improve his count and motility. Any food/herbs to improve or chinese accupunture or anything at all ..please

frisbee90 is offline Registered User

Hi Coolgirl,

Stress is definitely a major factor for your husband's low sperm count. His life style also counts, does he smoke or drink? Does he sleep enough, exercise, have a healthy diet, take suplements like zinc and B12(these 2 are very important for the sperm vitality. There are many many factors that affect human productivity.

I've bought a book called "The natural way to better babies" (preconception health care for prospective parents) by Francesca Naish &Janette Roberts few years ago in Au. It basically covers everythings like improving the lifestyle, what to eat, how to clean up the environment and detox your body. I found easy to follow. If you want, I can lend it to you.

I've heard some chinese herbs like the deer's tail may help yet has to be proved.

Wish you best of luck!

Thanks Frisbee90. Yes... my hubby smokes and sleeps just few hours everyday. I am trying hard to change our diet and lifestlye. Will def check out the book you have recommended. Thanks a lot!!

MamaC is offline Registered User

Hi Coolgirl
    Don't give up ,I'm trying myself here for 6 months now.I have a very famous Chinese doctor if you want to try.Many famous ppl go there and he's in the magazine for a few times.But be prepared for his bad mouth and a bit pricey.His name is Ip Ching Sang,he's clinic is around Timesquare.Tel:25731630

Good luck gal~~~

MamaC, thanks:) how much is it...when you mean pricey??

Also, i have been using David's ovulation kit this time and I haven't seen a positive till now..its my 18th day

Last edited by coolgirl; 12-16-2008 at 10:39 AM.

MamaC is offline Registered User

Coolgirl,it's minimum 800 for 4 days medicine.Be prefare to drink medincine for the whole day,It's one big bottle per day.But i think is forth it.Better call to make appointment b4 u go.Since it's the 18th day and still no ovulation sign,r u sure u have regular ovulation,since i have the same problem b4.
    Good luck!!!!!

hk3_baby is offline Registered User

Please help. I've been TTC for 7 months and no sign of preg. =( I'm very depressed and I was wondering if there are any social group in HK where I could join to share my feelings?

My husband has a high sperm count but the motility is just borderline =( is that why I can't get preg? I'm not sure. I'm only 29 what should I do? Where should I go for help? should i stop trying and go straight to IUI? I'm so confused and depressed.=(

Winnifred is offline Registered User

Hi hk3_baby, I've been TTC for 2-3 years, gone thru numerous check-ups, laparoscopic surgery due to endometriosis, and several OIs. And I'll start further methods very soon. You are much younger than I. So cheer up and keep trying!