Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Family Holiday - Osaka or Hokkaido

chubbysan is offline Registered User

Family Holiday - Osaka or Hokkaido

hi,

need some travelling tips from family who have been to Osaka or Hokkaido before. We are planning a family holiday in Spring and wondering which place is more interesting for our girls, 4yr old & 2 yr old. My hubby is suggesting Osaka cos he feels there is nothing much for kids to do in Hokkaido during Spring.

Pls do share yr experience with me.

thanks!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I've lived and studied in Japan for a year.

I've never been to Hokkaido but Osaka is pretty boring in my opinion, although you can easily visit Kyoto and possibly Himeji and even Hiroshima from there.

Kyoto is absolutely beautiful but I wouldn't miss Tokyo either. Around Tokyo you can visit Kamakura, Mt. Fuji and plenty of other places. And Tokyo itself has sooo much to offer.

Again, Osaka would be handy as a starting point but not great by itself at all. Hokkaido will probably be quite chilly in early spring.

Other option could be Kyushu and visit Fukuoka (not so much in itself), Nagasaki, etc. The weather will be really nice in spring.

Mommy Poon is offline Registered User

hi - Osaka is good for shopping, eating and convenient if you want to visit Kyoto and/or Kobe.

Kyoto has a lot of traditional buildings and cultural places to visit, so if you want your girls to learn more historial stuff then you must go.

Hokkaido in spring is Cherry blossom festival and it is beautiful however it is more expensive in Hokkaido (hotel / dining) compared to Kyoto and Osaka.

Kobe is famous for beef but you can get a taste of that in osaka already, no need to go to kobe, just to have kobe beef. However, they have a BABY/Kid's r US and the selection is excellent, lots of clothes and things you can't find in HK.