Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Breast pump, bottle sterilisers and bottles...

southside852 is offline Registered User

sterilising like matty said is extremely important after each use of the pump and each time you baby drinks from a bottle. we would wash and put all parts into the sterilizer.

in the end, it's your choice what you use. it can be overwhelming, but go with what your instincts tell you.

when you are comfortable with the decisions you make, your baby will feel it and will be comfortable too.

Koan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by southside852 View Post
    sterilising like matty said is extremely important after each use of the pump and each time you baby drinks from a bottle. we would wash and put all parts into the sterilizer.

My Medela pump instruction booklet said this is not necessary. They recommended the initial sterilisation and after that to wash with hot soapy water.

I did sterilise for the first couple of months, but once my son started to touch everything and suck on his fingers, well... I didn't see the point. I boil them maybe once a fortnight, max., just to keep the parts fresh.

Of course you need to wash your hands before pumping etc, but you don't have to be as 'careful' with BM as with formula. I keep my pump parts in a ziploc bag in the fridge at work during the day, so I don't have to wash it each time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12