Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Going to Vietnam

shoni is offline Registered User

Going to Vietnam

Hi Ladies,

I am off to Vietnam in a couple of weeks with my 6 month old.

I am bottle feeding and still sterilizing bottles and teats at home. Can anyone share experiences of how to make sure baby gets clean bottles and water whilst traveling? Last thing I want is for her to get a bad tummy whilst we are away. I am thinking of getting the Mothercare travel sterilizer bags that you fill with water and leave overnight with some tablets in. Anyone used these?

Any other bits of wisdom for my travels??

Neha is offline Banned

we went to Hanoi in October with 2 year old , but we still sterilize the bottle, we didnt use the tablets. We just used bottled water to sterilize the bottles and we used to boil the water in the coffee maker.

southside852 is offline Registered User

When we travel with our 1 year old, we bring the Milton sterilizing tablets that can be bought at Bumps to Babe and only give our son bottled water (Evian, Volvic etc...).

shoni is offline Registered User

Thank you!

We are going to Hanoi also, but doing a junk trip in Halong Bay too. We have had to request a kettle in our room as they do not normally provide, so not likely to get a coffee maker unfortunately.

Neha is offline Banned

why dont u just buy the coffeemaker and take it with u. we did that on our trip to India. The problem with the kettle is sometimes difficult to clean