Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Avent bottles- measurements

alibali is offline Registered User

Avent bottles- measurements

Hi- Does anyone out there have a 9oz Avent bottle that they could look at for me? I need to know if the 9oz bottles have measurements small enough for a newborn- i.e. does the bottle show 20ml, 40ml, 60ml, etc.? Baby #2 due soon and I'm hoping to cut down on the number of different sized bottles I buy this time around. Thanks!

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Hi Alibali - sorry, I actually don't have a reply for your question, but I'm interested in finding out whether or not you (and your baby) like the Avent bottles. I haven't decided what brand of bottle I will buy yet, but I want to buy the Avent steriliser and the deal at Wing On is that they come with a bunch of Avent bottles...so I'm thinking of just using them. What do you think of them? Thanks.

chrissy2 is offline Registered User

Dear FutureHKmom, Im a first time mom also, but both of my brothers used Avent bottles and they found them to work out well, so that is the brand taht they have recommended to me, and thats what Im going to use....good luck!

tstmum is offline Registered User

For a 9 oz (260 ml) Avent bottle, the increments are marked every 10 ml from 40 ml - so starts at 40 then 50, 60, etc, up to 260.

Personally, we've found the smaller bottles useful in the early months particularly if expressing breastmilk - it is mightily depressing to only pump 20-30 ml into an enormous bottle when it looks far more impressive in a small bottle!

I used advent and tommee tippee (newborn bottles) with my daughter and thought they were fine. I also tried Dr. Brown non-colic, playtex and they didn't seem to make any difference. I used the advent bottles and the Advent microwave steam sterilizer with my first and plan to use the same with my 2nd baby (and also the medela bottles if baby likes them as they are nonBPA and are handy if expressing). I will note though that the Advent bottles here in HK still contain BPA so I'm getting the Advent BPA-free bottles from overseas. Supposedly, Advent BPA free bottles will come on the market here in HK in the first quarter of 2009, but I've yet to see them. Hope this helps.

TST mum- you bring back forgotten memories...I totally forgot about the psychological aspect of expressing- seeing how much/ little came out! I guess I will need to break down and buy the smaller bottles afterall! I've thrown all my bottles away after my daughter stopped using them and I can't remember how many of each size I ended up buying in the end (I live in the NT so not as easy anymore to dash out and get more bottles...)

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Alibali - do you buy the avent BPA free bottles online or physically buy them overseas and bring them back yourself? if you buy them online, which website can you get them from? Thanks.

Dink is offline Registered User

I'm pretty sure I saw those Avent BPA free bottles in Mothercare in the Princes building a week or two ago...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast