Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

australian vaccinations?

jamesandsimo is offline Registered User

australian vaccinations?

Hi
    I need to get my son some of the aussie vaccinations - I need to get Rota Virus 2nd dosage, Hib second dosage and Pneumococcal Prevnar - 2nd dosage

Does anyone know where i can get these that doesn't cost a crazy amount. I just phoned my normal private doc here and its nearly $2,000 for the lot, remembering he will need these again in 2 months which means $4,000 for injections!

spockey is offline Registered User

It sounds just about right if you visit a private GP or PD. Try popping into one of the local mums & bubs clinic. I think you can get the PP there.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I don't think that any of those are on the local schedule so you have to do it privately. I paid right on $2000 for those as well - but the Hib was part of the "6 in 1" vaccine, so it was $2000 for those three, plus 5 other immunisations (which ARE part of the local schedule)... I know it's expensive but we're planning on eventually moving back to Australia so I figured we might as well get all the Australian immunisations now as well...

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I noticed that Quality Health Care (various locations) was about $200-300 less for a shot of Hep A (for example) ... and I have 3 kids ... so you may want to call them and ask their prices.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

"Rota Virus 2nd dosage, Hib second dosage and Pneumococcal Prevnar - 2nd dosage "

DD got all but Pneumococcal last year and the year prior and I do not recall it costing that much. Maybe we were on health insurance then?? But they were part of the HK schedule (at least the rota was as it I recall it wasn't on the Aussie schedule at that stage).